Chapter 10

A/n: I made this chapter slightly longer because I made you all wait. I'm sorry about that.

It took time for you to reach out of your depressive state. After the dream, the incident with the doctor and so on, you fell into such depression. Going for walks were a frequent hobby, it had been a few more weeks now too. He had been acting distant towards you now, like your normal doctor would do. Every now and then he would ask you how you are, check your vitals and bring you your food. It felt as if you were going crazy. With barely any communications between you and other people. He would refuse to let you see anyone on the outside world, let alone leave the house. There were multiple occasions where you snuck out, some were successful and the others resulted in extra locks on the door with the keys hidden.

You had never been this low before, you felt so numb emotionally. The doctor took no notice towards your inevitable pain, he became so swarmed with other patients that your vitals and illness attacks were the only things he paid attention to. Your emotions and mindset were irrelevant, the doctor even shut you down before you could say a word. There was no explanation for this, you figured that he could just be toying with your feelings just like he did a few weeks ago, but why would he go this far to hurt you?

However, his intentions weren't to hurt you in-fact, he wanted to prevent you to becoming too attached to him. You only had a limited time left until you'd return home, but 049 still had no clue with what was wrong with you. Extending the durance of your stay would have to be an option if push comes to shove.

After hours and hours of waiting, 049 finally came home after a few home visitations. You heard the front door open and close, your heart rate sped up and that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach started again. You sat there on your bed and listened to the doctor shuffle around on the other side of the closed door. You sighed lightly and turned, laying with your back to the door.

049 suddenly opened the bedroom door, he cleared his throat, "Any dirty clothes you need washing?"

That voice.. that fucking voice. You missed it, you missed that tone that he would talk to you in after you'd asked to join him on his visitations. Of course he said no because the visits were rather confidential but, you on purposely asked just for his change of tone. You missed it all. You bit your lip and decided to stay quiet, considering the silent treatment he had given you the last few weeks were hurting you, you decided to fight fire with fire and keep your mouth shut.

You frowned and shut your eyes, curling your toes and awaiting his next move.

He cleared his throat louder, "Y/n."

You shifted, making sure that he knew you were awake. He suddenly sighed in annoyance and sat on the end of the bed, his masked face frowning beneath it, "Y/n. I know you heard me now answer the question. Any dirty clothing you need me to wash?"

With a sigh, you finally got up and made your way across the room. A pile of folded, dirty clothing lay there unattended. You picked them up and trudged back over to the doctor, shoving them into his chest and proceeded to lie back down.

049 grabbed your wrist and stopped you. You froze completely as your blood ran cold.

"My dear, what is wrong with you lately? You're very down I'd like to help you."

You sighed in frustration and yanked your wrist away from his grasp, clenching your fist by your side, "Are you kidding.. these last few weeks you've done nothing but ignore me! You're driving me insane doctor!"

He tilted his head to the side slowly and scoffed, "My love, I did tell you that there are other patients of mine that need help. You're not the only one I have to treat. And besides, you've done nothing but coop yourself up in this room and refuse to come out of it. Yes, you go for walks every now and then but it's not healthy what you're doing to yourself." You folded your arms and refused to take in what he was saying to you, "You won't even let me see my damn parents! The only person I'm able to talk to is you and that's it! I want to go home, I don't want to be here."

He gripped onto your dirty clothes that rested in his arms and slowly exhaled, "My dear, like I said before I do not have the information on how to treat your illness. I must keep you under observation until I know for definite what's wrong with you. Again, I'm not even sure if your infection is contagious to others."

You inhaled sharply in attempt to prevent the tears that now threatened to fall. You had enough, you had been put through hell this last month and it was enough. You hiccuped slightly and began to sob into your hands, your breath hitching in the back of your throat harshly.

049 grinded his teeth together in thought, he let out a soft sigh and pulled you into his warm embrace, comforting you as best he could. You wrapped your feckless arms around him and cried into his chest. His gloved hand snaked its way up to your hair and he ran his fingers through. You kept a keen grip on him, this feeling you had longed for so long was enough to keep you going and you didn't want to lose it. 049 slowly sat you down onto the bed and took a seat next to you. You buried your face into his shoulder and felt the tears soak into the fabric of his clothing. He kept an arm wrapped around your waist and another cupping your cheek as he made you look up at him. Your eyes were bloodshot and very puffed from the amount of crying you did. You felt the tip of the doctor's mask brush past your cheek. You glared into the holes of his bird mask, your breathing still hectic from the excessive amount of crying.

He spoke up softly, in an attempt to calm you down, "My dear, you aren't very pretty when you cry. I prefer that beautiful smile of yours." You smiled weakly and sniffed, emitting another hiccup before you squeezed him lightly, "You needed that cry, to let your feelings all out. I could see that you were holding all of it back for quite some time now. My childish actions of not giving you much attention whilst you've been here was very foolish. As you already know, I'm crowded with work but I will at least put in effort to giving you attention you need."

You took in his words and smiled fully, nodding up at the doctor, "There we go. That's the smile we all know and love." You let out a giggle and pulled away from his embrace.

He removed his mask slowly and placed it beside himself on the bed. You took in admiration of his perfect face. The scars, his gorgeous eyes and that smile you missed. 049 blinked down at you and slowly leaned down to your level, his nose was almost touching yours. He smiled a toothy grin and watched the colour of your face churn into a dark shade of red. You stared into his eyes with your wide ones, attempting to figure out what he would do next, "How much did you miss the attention?" He suddenly lessened his smile to a warm one, it seemed genuine to you. You narrowed your eyes downwards to the floor and giggles slightly nervously, "I mean, I did miss it a lot because.. you're the only one I literally talk to lately. I missed it.. a lot."

049 gave a sympathetic look, he slowly brushed strands of hair behind your ear and wiped the remaining rear from your cheek. You parted your lips and curled your toes, awaiting his next move.

He exhaled softly and leaned in finally, connecting his lips with yours. You shut your eyes and felt your heart speed up, a warm feeling in the pit of your stomach started to rise within. You kissed back meekly and suddenly pulled away. You looked away quickly and kept your eyes closed. The doctor let out a heart warming laugh, you slowly looked back to him and examined his bright expression. The way his scars creased with his smile made him so much more gorgeous to you. You smiled and began to laugh with him.

"My dear I'm sorry if I caught you by surprise! I couldn't help myself.."

He found himself scratching the back of his head nervously, he wondered if you were laughing just to cover up your anger. However no, that wasn't exactly the case. You enjoyed what he had given to you. It was enough to make up what he had put you through. You kept blushing, not able to prevent your embarrassment from rising.

You looked the doctor in the eye and he looked back at you, his smile remaining clean on his face. After a while of staring into his eyes, you leaned in against and pressed your lips against his, kissing him deeply. He pulled you onto his lap and kept a firm grip on your waist. You let out a very small whimper, this made the doctor continue kissing you passionately.

You pulled away after so long and gasped for air, the two of you staring into each other's eyes. He smiled, "How's that for an apology?"

You giggled, "Well, there is something more.."