Chapter 3

Author's POV:

As Y/n walked in the door, she set her bag down and her eyes gazed around the open space in the living room. 049 shut the door behind them, "I've already done up your room. I'm not entirely the best when it comes to interior decorating. It's the last door on your left down that hall." 049 lifted his arm and pointed down to a dark hallway.

Y/n turned her head and followed his gloved finger with her gaze. She thinned her lips and folded her arms, staring down the creepy hallway.

049 turned and stood in front of Y/n, his dark eyes staring down at her creepily, "Make yourself at home." His voice suddenly caught her attention as she looked up at him. He towered over her.

Y/n picked up her bag whilst returning the same stare to the doctor. She then turned and made her way down the hall, trudging to the last door on the left. She then moved her body and placed her hand onto the door handle of the weak, wooden door. However, she stopped completely.

Her eyes trailed along the floor and over to 049. He stood there, as still as a statue. Y/n froze in place as fear coursed over her body so suddenly. 049's figure was outlined by the dim sunset in the gloomy background of the house. He turned his head slowly, his long beak from his mask following with him slowly, he moved his feet and trailed off slowly to the other part of the house, away from where Y/n could spot him. She swallowed nervously and turned the handle quickly, barging into her room and shutting the door firmly behind her. She dropped her bag and sighed softly, leaning against the door and rubbing her face with her small hands.

For a while she stood there motionless, her head in her hands. Y/n inhaled deeply then exhaled softly, looking up and around the room.

It was rather cosy, a small fireplace in the corner of the room and in the other corner lay a single bed with pink bed sheets next to a window accompanied with beige curtains hugging the window. A small desk sat cutely in another corner with an oil lamp perched upon it. She looked down suddenly as the fabric beneath her shoes seemed to be a soft, dark red, fluffy carpet. Upon the wall next to the door hung a round mirror, Y/n was tall enough to see her own appearance.

She leaned into the mirror and lightly touched her cheek with one hand.

Bags under her eyes tugged at her lids heavily, her lips a light shade of purple and the rest of her skin being left completely pale. Y/n frowned and stepped back from the mirror in slight shock. It looked as if she had been dragged through a bush backwards by her hair.

Y/n blinked and huffed sadly, kicking off her shoes and dragging her feet towards the bed. She kept her coat on as she climbed onto the creaky furniture weakly, sliding down onto it and resting her head upon the soft pillow. A sigh escaped her chapped lips as she shut her eyelids after a few tired blinks. It had been such a long ride here. A couple hours, it tired her out. She hated traveling for such a long period of time.

After a while of shutting her eyes, she began to slowly fall into a deep slumber. Y/n snuggled more into her coat and hugged herself, dropping off gently.

~TimeSkip~

A sudden knock upon the bedroom door pulled Y/n out of her sleep hours later. Her eyes shot open as her breath suddenly got caught in her throat out of fright.

The door creaked open slowly and Y/n froze on the spot. A cold draft suddenly wafted itself onto her back as she shivered lightly.

"Y/n.."

That deep, melodic voice chimed into her ears softly. She slowly turned her head to the side, "Hm?" Her eyes still closed, she held onto her own coat shakily whilst awaiting another reply.

"I must do a check up on you. Your vitals like heart rate and temperature."

A cold sweat washed over Y/n suddenly. Her tired eyes more open than ever. She sat up slowly as 049 strutted in with a stethoscope and a thermometer. He sat on the end of her bed, positioning the stethoscope in his ears. Afterwards, he looked towards Y/n and spoke in a soft, soothing tone, "You'll need to remove your coat please."

Y/n bit the inside of her cheek hard and slowly slipped her coat from her shoulders. She then sat up on her knees, facing the doctor with her hands resting between her thighs.

049 nudged himself closer to Y/n, tugging the bottom of her shit as she suddenly retaliated, "H-hey! What're you d-doing..?" 049 flicked his gaze upwards to Y/n in a confusing state, "My dear I have to check your heart beat, I'm afraid I won't be able to from over your sweater." Y/n looked down at her shirt as her cheeks flushed quickly, she felt embarrassed on how she reacted towards the doctor. She nodded and muttered a timid apology, earning a light chuckle from the doctor.

Once again, 049 tugged her shirt open from the bottom and slid the scope up her shirt, resting it upon her chest. She let out shaky breaths nervously and closed her eyes. She had never been this close to the doctor before, it made her quite nervous.

He moved the scope around and listened to her heartbeat closely. Satisfied, her pulled the scope from under her shirt and also took it from his ears, placing it beside him. 049 took the Thermometer, "Clamp this in your mouth so I can see your temperature. It's better to be safe than sorry."

Y/n pulled her sleeves down over her hands and nervously opened her mouth slightly, the doctor place the thermometer into her mouth as she shut it slowly, "If your temperature isn't high, then your illness isn't at its peak yet." Y/n nodded slowly and looked up at the doctor.

They both exchanged the same stare towards each other. Y/n saw how dark his eyes were, his mask seemed sucked onto his face tightly. She suddenly started to day dream, staring deeply into his eyes and not blinking once.

049 pulled away from her gaze and reached out to remove the thermometer from her mouth. She suddenly flinched, being so lost in thought she couldn't even remember the thermometer clamped between her lips.

She suddenly flinched back and shut her eyes tightly. Clenching her fists, she waited for 049 to say something, all she felt was the thermometer being removed from her lips slowly. Y/n opened one eye before opening both. 049 checked the thermometer closely, nodding with satisfaction. He got up from the end of the bed, the mattress shifting back into place as he made his way over to the door.

"W-wait!" Y/n called out and shifted her body over to face him. The doctor stopped in his tracks and turned half of his figure around to Y/n's attention.

Her face suddenly flushed furiously, her hands pushing against the mattress in pure embarrassment. 049 blinked and raised his eyebrow beneath his mask in confusion. Y/n stumbled on her words.

049 sighed in light irritation. He envied Y/n deeply considering her illness began to worsen, although stuttering wasn't a part of her symptoms, "Dinner's in an hour." 049 pulled the door open and exited to the bedroom with swift steps, leaving Y/n dumbfounded.