Chapter Twelve:
" FALLEN IDOLS:
PART ONE "

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

She was stuffing her guns into her duffle bag, along with extra clothes. Bobby was downstairs. He trusted the boys, of course. But did he truly trust them with Danielle? After Sam was brought back into the hunting life, Danielle came home with a few bruises. Bobby knew to expect it, but seeing them did nothing but hurt his heart. He felt like a father again; constantly worrying over her every time she left the house in the span of three weeks. But she always came home, talking on the phone. He only learned three nights ago that it was Sam and Dean. When asked about it, she only shrugged and smiled before bidding him a goodnight.

But, now, she was going out there. She was working a case with the brothers, one Dean really wants her to be apart of. Bobby did feel some relief when discovering it had nothing to do with the forthcoming apocalypse, but he still worried. He still worried that something would go wrong. "My nerves are gone, dad," she would say each time Bobby asked if she could truly shoot the gun resting on her hip. "My aim is a lot better. Just trust me." And he would. He would trust that she had a knack for aim, but he couldn't stop feeling troubled with how often she was leaving now. His thoughts were interrupted by her heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. "I don't know when I'll be back," she began. Her eyes met her father's. "But I'll be back. Promise."

Anyone could hear the Impala approach from miles away. A honk of the horn told Danielle that it was indeed time to go. She pressed a chaste kiss to her father's cheek and he wished her luck, sending her out into the dangerous world with two idjits who can't seem to stay out of trouble. And that's how she ended up sitting in the back of the Impala, playing with her sleeves as Dean sang along to the music playing over the radio. He was into harder stuff than she listened to, but she didn't bother saying anything. That was one of the several things Sam warned her about the night before. "How long is this trip?" she asked, resting her chin against Sam's seat. He turned to face her, chuckling. "Not much longer."

          She blew air through her nose, letting her cheek hit the headrest of Sam's seat. "This is so boring. How do you two cope?" Normally, it wouldn't be so dark. She also had Reggie beside her, to keep her company. Now that he's her sworn enemy, she felt lonely. She picked at a loose thread on the seat. "Being quiet is a start," Dean joked, only to receive an eye roll in response. She exhaled again loudly, plopping back into the backseat. "Take a nap. You'll need it." She rolled her eyes for what felt like the millionth time. "Dean, I don't think a ghost is going to be too hard. Right, Sam?" Sam looked to his brother before peering back at Danny, who waited for his confirmation. "Depends on the ghost, really."

         "Well, can we get something to eat? I'm starving." Dean snorted at the girl. She eyed the back of his head with narrowed eyes. "What?" she voiced. He peered back at her through the rearview mirror. She could almost see the smirk he wore. "If I woulda known you were this annoying, we would have left your ass back at Bobby's." She gasped. Without a second thought, she slapped at his shoulder, erupting laughter from the oldest in the car. He attempted to dodge her hits, but there wasn't any place he could go. "Say you're sorry!" she told him, still whacking at his jacket. He shook his head, his laughter being joined in by Sam's. "Say it!" Her lips were formed in a wide smile.

         Before he could apologize, she felt this warm feeling run up the length of her spine. Instead of slapping him, she gripped his arm, surprising him. "Danny?" Sam turned fully in his seat to spot the sweat breaking across her forehead. "No, no, no..." She felt her vision start to blur and sting. She forced her fists into her eyes. "Hey, what's going on?" Her arms began to shake as she slowly drifted from consciousness. Her body slumped into the seat, Sam's eyes widening. "Dean! Stop the car!" he shouted to his brother. Dean ignored the itching to switch on his blinker and just ran the car onto the shoulder. The car slowed while Sam quickly unbuckled his seatbelt.