10: Returning in Appeasement

Start from the beginning

“Of course it is for pulling people,” said Miss Jun.

She returned her gaze to the window, remembering a girl who could not get up after being injured from the hanging. A Miss Jun that died.

She stroked the carriage cushion. This arrangement was very useful, but the thing was, she was occupying a dead person’s body.

Although Jun Zhenzhen had already died, her body would not be laid to rest.

Wind whistled through the curtains of the compartment, bringing in a biting cold air.

“Are you cold, Miss Jun?” asked the little servant girl with a voice full of concern, while rubbing her hand. Soon after, she complained, “How could they not have a heater inside a carriage?”

Although the master and servant pair looked down on the Fang Family, they had no qualms about enjoying everything the Fang Family had to offer. In their minds, it was the Fang Family’s honor to have them.

What laughable and hateful children.

Miss Jun could not help but sneer. But it quickly went away, and her emotions began to churn.

For people like the original Miss Jun and her servant, it was their ‘right to enjoy’ what they had snatched from other people. They felt entitled to the others’ charity.

Her tightly clenched hand, resting on her knee, was hidden within her sleeve. The sharp pain prevented the shout clogged in her throat from escaping.

Since she had woken up, everything had been extremely strange to her, exceeding her knowledge. She could only calmly respond to the present situation, pushing away the emotions that made people lose their reasoning. It was the only way to prevent herself from going crazy.

Hatred most easily made people lose their reasoning.

Miss Jun parted the curtains and looked out through the compartment window.

“Miss Jun, is it too cold?” The little servant girl was unaware of her mood. She only saw her actions and soon repeated herself, her face twisted with dissatisfaction. “How come there isn’t even a hand-warming stove?”

The little servant girl moved to the front of the carriage.

“Stop, stop,” she called out. “Get a hand-warming stove.”

The people outside were confused by her shouts, but did not dare to ignore her. They informed Old Lady Fang in the front, and soon a maidservant came out from the first carriage bearing a hand-warming stove.

The little servant girl looked at the hand-warming stove and frowned.

“This is an old hand-warming stove,” she said disdainfully.

The maidservant wore a face of forbearance.

“We left without time to prepare. This belongs to one of the servants, Miss Jun can use it.”

The young servant girl threw away the hand-warming stove.

“Aiya, it’s so dirty. How could I stand such a stink!” she screeched.