10: Returning in Appeasement

Miss Jun’s voice was soft and slow, and as she spoke her voice got even softer, until only Old Lady Fang could hear her last sentence clearly.

Old Lady Fang looked at the girl before her, and despite the fact that she had survived through many hard times, she still wore a shocked expression.

“What did you say?” she couldn’t help but ask.

Miss Jun had already let go of her hand and silently stepped backwards.

“I have already reached an agreement with the Ning Family. From now on, we have nothing to do with each other,” she said softly.

Reached an agreement with the Ning Family? Nothing to do with each other?

Why couldn’t Old Lady Fang understand what she meant?

Of course, if it were another person who said that, she would understand, but Miss Jun...

Old Lady Fang looked at her with a strange expression.

The girl before her wore out-of-fashion clothing and had the face of an evil creature.

“What sort of trick are you playing?” she asked.

The young servant girl had already recovered from her shock. When she heard this, she snorted.

“My family’s Miss Jun has already rejected the marriage with the Ning Family,” she said, her voice choking up with grief upon the words ‘rejected the marriage’.

Miss Jun was really too pitiful. Master and Madam had passed away, and the two of them were sent to this useless maternal family. No one there helped them, but rather just bullied Young Miss.

When the people around them heard that Miss Jun had backed out of the marriage, they were in shock.

“How is this possible?” blurted out the maidservant closest to the two girls.

Miss Jun looked at her and smiled.

“Why would this be impossible?” she asked gently.

Of course it was possible. It was impossible to get married. The Ning Family would never acknowledge the engagement. Yet, that little servant girl had said that their family’s miss had backed out of the marriage.

Miss Jun had come to Yangcheng in order to marry into the Ning Family, and had been so unseemly bothersome about it that she was ready to even give up her life for it. How could she, then, possibly agree to back out of the marriage?

“Of course it is possible, my family’s Miss Jun…” The young servant girl looked at the maidservants and spoke ferociously.

She hadn’t finished talking when she was interrupted by Miss Jun.

“We can talk further about this once we have returned,” she said, looking at her surroundings.

Everyone subconsciously looked around them and discovered that people had gathered to watch the commotion.

Some people were pointing at them and whispering to one another, obviously knowing who Miss Jun was.