7: This Scoundrel

When Eldest Madam Ning returned to her room, her face was still frosted over. Without a word, she sat down and drank her tea.

Ning Yunyan had already left with her sisters while Third Madam Ning and Fourth Madam Ning were still waiting. They looked at Eldest Madam Ning’s expression with surprise and unease.

They, of course, knew that Eldest Madam Ning was not the Bodhisattva that she portrayed, but they hadn’t seen her wear this kind of expression in front of others in many years.

Obviously, that Miss Jun had not been easy on Eldest Madam Ning’s nerves.

“Eldest Sister-in-law, I can see that the marriage contract was real.” Third Madam Ning then muttered, “Right now she is in our house, it would be best for me to get someone to destroy it.”

“You will steal it?” asked Fourth Madam Ning, her heart jumping.

“When the servant girls go and bring her tea, they might just have an accident and soak the marriage contract,” said Third Madam Ning. “Or perhaps, Miss Jun felt indignant, and was deliberately scaring people, and she never had the marriage contract from the beginning. We have never seen it. Anyway, this is not the first time that Miss Jun has been causing a disturbance in our home. She had also played the hanging trick. If she makes a fuss about this,no one will believe her.”

The Ning family was a large and established household; during their lifetime they had done plenty of underhanded things. However, this was the first time they had to deal with a little girl who was acting so shamelessly.

Fourth Madam Ning did not know what to say.

Eldest Madam Ning put down her teacup.

“No use,” she said. “She really just wants money.”

So they had already discussed it?

“Eldest Sister-in-law, she is sincere about this?” Fourth Madam Ning asked in a hurry.

Eldest Madam Ning exhaled, her expression returning to normal.

“Yes, she said that since our family did not agree to the marriage, then we should give her the money,” said Eldest Madam Ning. “She is an orphan girl; having money is good for her.”

Her speech suddenly paused.

“She already gave the contract to me,” she continued. After taking it out, , Eldest Madam Ning laid it on the table.

It was actually over with?

Third Madam Ning could not help herself and snatched the contract.

“This is for real? Or did she give you some fake nonsense?” she asked while scrutinizing the contract.

Fourth Madam Ning coughed lightly.

Third Madam Ning did not pay her any mind.

“Eldest Sister-in-law is very honorable and with the heart of a Bodhisattva, who will always keep her promises. If you give, then you will receive. However, that Miss Jun might be a scoundrel,” she said. “So, you must look at it carefully.”