6: The Value of Tenth Noble Son Ning

This girl!

She actually dared to vilify the Old Master like this. And even their Ning Family!

Eldest Madam Ning’s ever amiable face frosted over.

Previously, she hadn’t met with Miss Jun, finding it beneath her to even ask a question about her.

However, from Ning Yunyan’s description, she had imagined that this Miss Jun’s past was of someone from a destitute family who was not allowed to enter the public eye. When she had just entered society, it seemed that was an apt image; Eldest Madam Ning also felt that Nin Yunyan had been exaggerating. But now, how could she have not been allowed to enter the public? She had directly skipped to rudeness and acridity [1].

But with just a deep breath, Eldest Madam Ning was able tamp down her anger.

This was normal, just like her trick with hanging herself. It was merely her making a scene to cause trouble because she had nothing left to try.

Did she think that she could destroy the Ning Family’s reputation, and the Ning Family would have no choice but to let her?”

“You’re just a kid, how could you think those things,” said Eldest Madam Ning warmly. “When people do things, their intentions are good. It’s just that with the passage of time, things change. It is the same with things passing from mouth to mouth, of course they change.”

After she said this sentence, she saw a trace of disappointment flash in Miss Jun’s eyes.

“Yes, when people do things, their original intentions are good,” she said.

The servant girl had gone completely stupid.

Eldest Madam Ning and Miss were conversing so friendly, so, were the drawn swords and bent bows[2] from earlier her misperception?

Eldest Madam Ning smiled.

“Young Miss Jun, you are still young. You’re still thinking that in this world, black is black and white is white. If you continue on trying to dig an already existing hole, you will never be able to change.”

When she spoke her tone was warm and caring, like she was a senior devotedly guiding the younger generation.

“Yes,” said Miss Jun with a thread of sadness and disappointment in her eyes.

The sadness might have been from the loss of what she had believed to be easily obtainable easy days.

The corners of Eldest Madam Ning’s mouth deepened, and her expression became warmer.

“Young Miss Jun, once you become my age, you will realize that black can also be white and white can also be black [3]. Some things will change,” she said, her voice slowing down . “And there are also things that won’t change.”

You Miss Jun looked at her as if she were a junior seriously listening to her senior.

“Take people’s lives, for example,” began Eldest Madam Ning. “Some people’s lives are cheap and lowly, but you can’t expect to climb on other people and have your life become worthy and noble.”