Chapter 1: Why do Monday's Have to be so Terrible?

Percy's POV

*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*

I groaned and flopped my hand around my nightstand until I finally hit the snooze button. Oh great. It's Monday. My favorite day the week. I rolled over.

"Percy, get up!" My mom yelled. I stayed still.

"I'm making blue pancakes!" I shot up and got dressed as quickly as possible. I put on a gray GHS swimming hoodie, with black ripped jeans and black high-top converse. I stared at my hair. It was sticking up all over the place, and there is no way it could be tamed. I sighed and walked out of my bedroom. My nose stung of the stench of cigarettes and beer. I looked at the couch to see my disgusting step-father Gabe. He had a bald head, an ugly-twisted smile, a white tank-top which was showing his chest, so you could get a great view of his thousands of chest hairs. He had a massive beer belly, and did not look happy. I don't know why my mom is married to this douche-bag. I glared at him as I walked passed, which probably earned me a punch in my face. I hugged my mom from behind and said "Good Morning." She turned around.

"Hello Perseus. Go sit down, breakfast is ready." I smiled and walked to the table.

I enjoyed my blue pancakes very slowly, trying to ignore that fact that I had to go to school today, which is also hell. I have no friends, get constantly bullied, and have to deal with a bitch named Annabeth Chase. Gods, I hated her. She was so stuck up. I suddenly lost my appetite. A hand on my shoulder snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, I have to go. Love you." My mom said.

"I love you. Bye." I said with a sense of dread set at the pit of my stomach. As soon as she walked out, Gabe immediatley stood up and cracked his knuckles. I stood up and tried to quickly scurry to my room, but a hand grabbed the collar of my shirt tightly.

"Where do you think you're going?" Gabe snarled. I stood still. I whipped around and punched him right in the temple of his face. He instantly fell to the floor. I sprinted towards the door, grabbing my backpack on the way out. I sprinted until I turned the corner at the end of my block. I gasped for breath as I continued to speed walk quickly towards Goode Highschool. Well, guaranteed myself a beating after school. I felt a small sob at the back of my throat. It went away instantly. At the opposite end of the street, I saw Annabeth trying to contain her little twin brothers, but failing. I smirked to myself as I walked past. I gave her a sarcastic thumbs up. She glared at me, gave me the finger, and turned back around to her wild brothers. That made my morning better.

  My day was pretty normal; getting beaten up by jocks, sitting by myself and getting food dumped on me, and getting constantly picked on by the teachers. They knew that I had ADHD and dyslexia, and would make sure to humiliate me in front of everyone.

"Mr. Jackson, would you read paragraph 43?" Mrs.Noble asked. I snapped out of my daydream and looked at the history textbook. I searched for the 43rd paragraph. I cleared my throat.

"The revolutionary war wa-was a big part of A-America's history." I said squinting my eyes. The words seemed to jumble together on the page. My foot was tapped furiously against the tile floor.

"The war went on fo-for-" I squinted my eyes even more. Was that 1875 or 1775?

"Ummm...1875-1883?" The bitch Annabeth Chase snickered. My ears turned red and I glared at her.

"It's 1775 to 1783. Do you know how to read?" I clenched my jaw.

"Thank you Miss Chase. Why don't you keep reading, since Percy is having difficulties." The whole classed burst out in laughter. I picked up my textbooks and stormed out of the room. Annabeth gave me a thumbs up, and tried to trip me. I kicked her shoe and stomped out the door. I went to the library, and plopped down on a bean bag chair. What did I ever do to them? Why do all make my life a living hell? I can't even go  home, cause then I would get beat up. I put my hood up. The only reason why I haven't killed myself is because of my mom. She would be devastated, and then Gabe would probably abuse her. I felt my eyes start to water then I rubbed them, and glanced at the clock. Math was the last period. I had mixed feelings about that. I didn't want to stay, but I didn't want to go. I sighed and just decided to go home.

My stomach was clenched the whole walk home. I got to the front door of the apartment. I sighed and walked in. I saw Gabe sitting on the couch finishing the beer he was drinking. He looked at me with anger and started to rush toward me. He had a purple bruise where I had punched him. He stumbled trying to get to me. It tried to get away to the bathroom where there was a lock, but Gabe wrapped his hand around me neck and threw me to the ground.

"You think you can get away with what you did this morning?" He yelled. He slammed the empty beer bottle into my face, and it shattered on my jawline. I could already feel a bruise coming, and the shards of glass cut my skin. He then kicked me hard on the side of my body where my rib cage was. I rolled over and got up and headed towards the door. Gabe tried to catch me, but he was too drunk. I ran out the door and I glanced at the sky. It looks like it's about to start pouring any minute. I ignored it and ran to the only place that wasn't hell.

The secret spot.