Surrender.

Chapter 27.

"Surrender" Evanescence.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Luke's POV

''Alright, now rest, okay?'' my mum told me as she swiped her hand over my forehead, placing a delicate kiss to it, making me feel like a kid who's sick and can't go to school, so he's got his mum take care of him.

Just, I'm not a little kid. I'm a grown-up guy, who's angry at the world for doing all of this to him.

I'm angry because Ben didn't deserve for all of that to happen to him. He didn't deserve to fall into coma and my mum didn't deserve to be worrying about him every fucking minute of her time.

And it's as if she didn't have enough worries, I had to get the stupid panic attack.

But what angered me the most was the fact that when I woke up, instead of seeing my- I mean, Hazel, Aleisha was there.

And it also left me dumbfounded. I mean, I should've been happy that she's there because, after all, I wanted to get back with her.

Didn't I?

My thoughts had soon drifted away as I fell into peaceful slumber, finally getting me to relax and forget about everything that's currently going on in my life.

Because sometimes, the best solution is to sleep and tune out the world.

''Someone's here to see you, '' my mum walked through the door, smiling down at me.

I groaned inwardly, pulling the blanket over my head.

''If it's Aleisha again, tell her I'm sleeping, please!''

A chuckle came from my mother.

''It's not her, '' at the words, I popped from under of the blanket, staring curiously at her.

''Then who is it?'' just as I spoke, a figure entered the room, causing my eyes to widen immediately. Mum excused herself before leaving the two of us alone in the room.

''What, um, what are you doing here?'' I stuttered out, my eyes following her as she made her way to where I lied, making me aware of my appearance. I was in bed for the whole day, not caring about how I look because it's not as if I was going to go out and have a drink at the nearby pub. I was a mess.

''I came to see how you were doing since the day at hospital you were busy with someone else, '' she told me, fiddling with the hem of her shirt.

I averted my eyes to the oversized sweater she had on, my eyes skimming her body from head to toe. She was dressed pretty casually, may I add. Black tights adorned her lanky legs as a pair of TOMs was on her feet. She had a beanie on and looked so fucking cute with her nose and cheeks red.

I stayed silent, not knowing what to say to that, except that it wasn't my fault that my ex girlfriend and mum were the only people that could see me.

''You can sit, '' I offered, keeping my eyes glued to the blue spot on my favourite blanket, wondering where it came from and if it's going to wash away.

Hazel glanced around the room with uncertainty before settling on the armchair not far away from the bed. She kept fiddling with the gray sweatshirt, biting on her bottom lip, making me want to jump from this damn bed and just slam my lips on hers.

These thoughts left me dumbfounded, of course. I couldn't have feelings for this girl and I didn't have them, no way. It was all just a crush, some sort of attraction, because let's face it, Hazel's hot. I'm not going to deny it. But, I like Aleisha and she's basically the main reason I suggested this fake dating thing. But, I figured that I'd soon have to cut it, if I wanted to get back with Aleisha.

''Listen Hazel-''

''Luke, I-'' we began at the same time.

I smiled softly.

''You go first, '' she shook her head.

''No, you go, ''

So I did.

''Okay, um... this thing we have going on-''

''We have nothing going on, '' she interjected, cutting me off.

I groaned inwardly, ''I mean, this fake dating, '' and she nodded slowly, her mouth forming an 'o' shape.

''Listen, we started this so I could make Aleisha jealous and make her get back with me, right?'' Hazel nodded, ''Well, I'll jump straight to the point and say that it worked successfully. Yesterday, at hospital, she um... she told me she wants us back together, '' I admitted quietly, not daring to look at her at first.

''Oh, '' was all she said.

And when my eyes finally landed on her figure, focusing on her face, I realised that she, just like me,  didn't look even remotely chuffed because of this news. Not an ounce of happiness was in neither of us and I was partly confused.

''Yeah...'' I trailed, having not a slightest idea what to say. I was kind of starstruck.

''So, '' she started, clearing her throat, ''it's over? You're getting back with her?'' the tone she used was foreign to me, I couldn't make out if it was grief in it or something else.  It was kind of strangled, but the volume of it was stronger than previously.

I gulped involuntarily, shrugging my shoulders,  ''I guess so.''

I could tell that she was having an inner battle with herself because a light smile appeared on her face, obviously forced though, as she nodded repeatedly.

''Okay, '' was all that came out, a light chuckle following and it was all it took for me to give her a look of confusion. I didn't understand anything, like why was she laughing? It made no sense. Was she actually happy that we're not going to continue this fake affair? Or was she faking it?

''What did you want to speak about?'' I asked quietly, glancing curiously to her again.

And she shrugged.

''Doesn't matter. I'm, um... gonna go now, '' she spoke hurriedly, rising from her seat and making her way to the door as my eyes widened.

''No, wait, why are you going already?'' I almost screamed, watching her with narrowed eyes.

Hazel shook her head.

''I have... important stuff to do. I'll see you... someday, '' and then, just like that, she was gone.

Leaving me to wonder about what the heck I have done.

A/N:

All my latest chapters just scream short, but it's not my fault, it's school sorry :(

Anyways, Lazel's done for now, what's your opinion? I'm kinda sad idk mixed emotions lmao

My throat is sore and tbh I feel like shit I don't wanna go to school tomorrow, bc we're getting results for the math test, I did horrible, only 1/2 out of 4 tasks we had to do and I hope I get at least idk, C or D or whatever :'(

Anyways, that would be it, I have to study about something that has to do with art. Like, our professor wants us to know the definition of art. And I was like, dude, there's no definition for art, shut the f up! >. < people like that go on my nerves srsly.

Okay, i gtg bye cya! xx