I know. I whisper

We can't have them following us anymore. We need to set an example.

I know I whisper again, too numb to process any more, to give a coherent answer

They deserved it. Repeat it to yourself. They deserved it. Ulrica chanted in my head.

They...deserved...this I finally mutter in our thoughts. I feel her approval, and she doesn't push me to repeat it. My gut lurched, and a churning mixture of digestive fluids filled my mouth. I was too weak to behold my work. I limp over to a bush and spit out everything.

I looked up when I noticed the vampire standing behind me. I jerked my head to the two vampires tied up and the older man.

"Get them out of here. You all have a chance to start again. Don't. Waste. It." I ordered and turned around, looking at the dead wolves scattered across the grounds. Their bodies laid in the awkward angles they died in. I pause by a rather young looking man, staring at the bullet wound, it was so small. Somewhat ragged around the edges but barely bleeding. The exit wound hidden in the back of his head. If it weren't for that hole, and that his face held a purplish tint, bluish even, he could be asleep. I keep in my sob and continue walking closer to the man with the dead eye, still trying to crawl to the other wolf.

I like this one. Ulrica approved, He's strong. I look back at the mountain of a man, and I agreed with her. No other wolf under my torture was able to move an inch without crying out in pain. I crouch down and poke at his arm. He gasped in shock but otherwise kept silent.

It will be so much fun to break him Ulrica chuckled, and I cringed away again from her bloodlust.

Don't tell me he doesn't deserve it Rica scowled throwing the picture of the dead girl in my mind.

I know he does...it's just... I trail off, unable to form words for the immense guilt I feel watching these wolves suffer everything I have felt.

But they had wanted to wipe away an entire species and for what? A King who couldn't even fight his own battles? A bastard who ordered children to be killed in the cruelest way possible.

I shouldn't feel like this I chastised myself.

You have such a kind heart Anala. But they don't deserve it. They don't deserve you. Ulrica soothed, and I press my hand tighter to my stomach, suddenly feeling drained. I glance back at the man who was still trying to crawl his way to the other wolf. I got back up and walked my way towards the man.

He was short and had tousled dark brown hair, which was thick and lustrous. In his intense silence, he somehow screamed with his whole body. His mesmerizing deep silver eyes wide with horror, his mouth rigid and open, his pale face gaunt and immobile, a fist clenched with blanched knuckles and the nails digging deeply into the palm of his hand. His other hand outstretched clutching the air, searching for something. I glance back at the man with the dead eyes, crawling towards us.

His mate Ulrica growled, a hint of jealousy in her voice and I take a step back.

"Stop," I command, and I could feel the powerful hum, rushing through my body die down.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING! Ulrica screamed, but I ignored her. I bend down and pick up the knife that was strapped to a man's leg and walk over to the dead-eyed wolf.

He struggles to his knees, his one clear eye glaring at me.

"Are you going to finish me off, Blood Wolf." He hisses at me. I stare at him, calmed by my plan. He jerks one knee up, trying to stand, and before he can make another move, I slammed the knife into his foot, pinning him to the ground. The man roared in pain, and I quickly steal two more daggers from his side and plunge the blades in his hands, trapping him.