Chapter 2

As soon as I enter the room, I notice my father standing to the wall. My face goes blank. My father was someone I didn't want to see right now. He stood by the bookshelf at his full height. When he saw me, he crossed his arms over his chest making sure his muscles stood at attention...A warning. His greying hair made him seem like someone who wasn't a threat, but that was why he kept it. False advertisement, whoever made the mistake of shrugging him off usually ended up dead.

"Ah, Anala. Are you here to give a report?" My eyes dart to the Alpha, and I bow my head. Before I could answer, I felt his eyes on me; I look towards the window and saw him — the Alpha's son: Xander.

"Mate." He growled before he began to walk towards me. I felt my wolf howl with joy, and I couldn't help give a small smile.

"Mate," I confirmed in a whisper. I took a small step towards him before Alpha Valverde growled at me in a warning. Before I could stop myself, I growled back defensively. If I had not been so focused on Xander, I could have blocked him...I could have protected myself. I felt my body being thrown up against the wall, a hand on my throat. I didn't care. My eyes never left Xander.

"Show the Alpha some respect little wolf." My father growled viciously. I tore my eyes away from Xander and looked at my father and bowed my head again. He squeezed harder, and I fought to remain calm.

Do not fight back, do not fight back. I chanted to myself. My wolf was freaking out.

Rip his bloody arm off! Show him who needs to be respected! NOW. She growled

He is our father, Ulrica. Besides Xander is right there. We can't scare him. I reminded her.

Why isn't mate helping? She whispered. And that was when I looked at him again. He was staring at a lamp. His mate was about to be choked out by her father, and he was staring at a fucking light!

"Let her go." Alpha Valverde commanded, and after another hard squeeze from my father, he released me. I took in a big gulp of air to steady myself. I looked at my mate.

"Dad, what are we going to do? It's too soon for her to find out" Xander asked not even glancing at me. I felt my heart start to break. Now I am not an expert in mates, but I'm pretty sure this was not how it was supposed to go. I looked between the men in the room. Alpha Valverde sighed and rubbed his hand over his face.

"The deal has already been made. Besides, the Luna of this pack cannot be a Blood Wolf."

"What?" I hissed. My fists balled up.

"Anala, sit," Alpha commanded.

"I will stand." I snapped. He narrowed his eyes.

"Very well," Alpha sneered, " We have made a deal with the neighboring pack to have Xander mate with their Alpha's daughter who recently lost her mate in a rogue attack. With this pairing, we will be able to have enough land to have a place at court" I felt my eyes widen they were doing this...for politics!? To get friendly with the king? I looked at my mate.

Why the hell wasn't he fighting this!

"I. am. His. mate." I spell out, annunciating every word my body was shaking from rage.

"You are a Blood Wolf!" Alpha boomed standing up. I held my ground.

"All the more reason I am suited for this role. I can protect the pack! You are the one who has me going out and intimidating  the other packs like some dog on a leash growling for it's master. And now that I am his mate, you want to show your throat to the King?  You are willing to hand this pack over to a woman who couldn't even save her mate!" I accuse.

"Just like you protected your mother." My father said walking to stand in front of me. And just like that, I was turned into a trembling child. I felt my body go cold. I saw my father raise his hands and felt the sting of the slap. I didn't cry out...I didn't raise my hand to hold my face. This was my punishment and mine alone.

"I've learned and paid for that mistake. For years now. I have paid my debts." I sneer. Father lunged for my hair and forced me to my knees. My hands wrapped around his wrist.

"You've paid nothing girl," he hissed in my face, "My mate is dead. And you still live. Your ledger is still coated in your mothers blood. So I would watch my tongue if I were you girl. You have no voice. The deal has been struck." I look back at my so-called mate. Our eyes met, and I pleaded with him, but he looked away.

No

"You're awfully quiet over there" I grit though my teeth, "I'm your mate, don't you have something to say about this?" I point out. He looks at me, and again I try to plead with him to do something...anything.

"I cannot be your mate," Xander muttered not looking me in the eyes, "I cannot mate with a Blood Wolf and have to constantly worry about every single time we get into a disagreement if you are going to steal my soul or set me on fire." I flinch at that.

"I wouldn't do that to my mate. We are supposed to be together. I would never hurt you...never" I ask my voice breaking. He stared at me for a few more seconds before turning around and gazing out the window. 

I felt my heart crack.

Ulrica growled, trying to fight the pain for us. I just wanted to hold him.  My father jerked my head onto the floor, and I welcomed the exploding pain. He released me and I laid on the ground trying to catch my breath

"We will need to do this quickly. Our future Luna arrives tomorrow." The Alpha turned towards his son, "You need to reject her today, it should only hurt for a minute before we will finally be free from this cursed child. We should do it in front of the pack. Make a small celebration." The Alpha patted his son on the back. I felt my throat tighten.

"Why?" I croak, moving to my knees. He glanced at me before heading to his desk. Picking up a folder he crossed his office and crouched down in from of me. He tossed the folder in front of me.

"Someone else will be going through the trouble of breaking you." The Alpha gave a cruel grin. I looked up not meeting his eyes. 

"You have been requested to join the King's army. Looks like you will finally be put to actual use." Quickly, I look at the folder he tossed in front of me, my hands shake as I open and stare at the "Transfer of Packs" form, filled out and signed.

Transferring me? After everything I've done for this pack. I stopped potential wars, forced the other packs into allies. I've killed and tortured others. Just to be passed around like a toy from one psychotic man to another.

"No," I whisper. 

"It's too late." father laughed harshly. "Once Xander rejects you, we'll be able to transfer you over to the King quickly with minimum paperwork. No mate, no hassle." He laughs again.

"Then may I request one thing?" I asked looking into the alpha's eyes.

"Within reason," Alpha said arrogantly. I throw a glance at my ma- no - at Xander.

"May I have an hour alone with my mate." 

________________________________________

Hey!! the picture is Anala's dad!