t h e l o v e y o u l e f t b e h i n d

if you're a little behind, calum and ash are not together

____________________________________________________________

          calum woke up in the middle up the night, drenched in a pool of cold sweat. he had just went through a nightmarish hell of a world where ashton wasn't his friend, and instead his enemy.  calum wasn't sure what to do in the dream except that he should cry, which resulted in more bullying from ashton, until he finally was relieved of his pain by waking up. despite it being the early time of 3 am, he decided to write in his book.  it was mostly about what he would do if ashton hated him, and was quite scared that it would be a reality if ashton ever figured out his secret he's kept hidden since year 9. 

          calum has kept this secret for a whole year, and now that they are entering year 10, he feels as though the burden has gotten heavier, and the pain was constantly growing, because they spent almost every waking hour together.  they took random trips in the middle of the night, they were always at one another house, and they commonly stayed over as well.  calum's mum was well aware of his love for ashton, but she didn't know that it was more than just platonic.  

          by the time calum was finished writing, it was almost 4, so he decided to text ashton about his dream, because he knew ashton would come over and cuddle him.  calum knew it sounded bad because it sounded like he was taking advantage, but he had been friends with ashton since 3rd grade and it was something they both were used to.  he got his phone off of his nightstand and, thanks to the brightness always staying down, was thankfully not blinded.

to lemon ashtree: hey ashton, i had another bad dream.

           about 10 minutes pass and calum decides he isn't awake, so he puts his phone back and rolls over, only for his phone to go off. 

from lemonashtree: hey, sorry i was getting cereal and i just saw this. do you want to talk about it or do you want me to come over?

to lemon ashtree: can you come over and cuddle with me and we can talk about it?

from lemon ashtree: yea of course cal, i'll be there in a few i love you, don't do anything stupid please

to lemon ashtree: i won't ash, i love you too

          calum unlocks his window and lays back down softly, starting to feel tears prick his eyes.  he loves ashton so much, and ashton will never know how much calum actually loves him more than a friend.  it hurts his heart when ashton calls him babe, but calum doesn't mind the pain.  he relishes in it, like some kind of masochist.  it's like his depression, it fits, and it's quite comfortable and secretive.  

          by the time ashton arrives, calum is fast asleep with fresh tear tracks on his face, so ashton just climbs in and wraps his arms securely around calum.

____________________________________________________________

just a starter with 505 words but they'll get longer i swear

i didn't want to waste a lot of time writing some long shit and have no one read it 

next update, maybe friday? 

-keirra xx