Chap 34 - Final Task & True Bravery

Почніть із самого початку

************

**********

Voldemort walked forward draped in black smoke like robe laughing then looked at Wormtail and held out his hand. "My wand, Wormtail." Wormtail bowed as he held out a yew wood and phoniex tail feather core wand to Voldemort as he grabbed hold of it then spoke again. "Hold out your arm." Wormtail smiled saying to Voldemort. "Master...thank you, master." Wormtail held out his arm where a hand no longer was attached til Voldemort spoke up. "The other arm, Wormtail." Voldemort held the arm up which had Wormtail's dark mark and lightly pressed the tip of his wand onto the fading mark as they watched it pulse back to life as if it was just placed there, Thunder rumbled above them along with a eerie howl and moan as Y/n and Harry saw a black dark mark in the sky then seven figures appeared from the mark. "Welcome, my friends. Thirteen years it's been, and yet...here you stand before me as though it were only yesterday. I confess myself...disappointed. Not one of you tried to find me. Crabbe! Macnair! Goyle! Not even you...Lucius." Voldemort said as he used his magic to remove the dark wizards masks forcibly showing their faces to him. "My lord, had I detected any sign, a whisper of your whereabouts--" Lucius said only to have Voldemort interrupt him. "There were signs, my slippery friend. And more than whispers." Voldemort said as Lucius spoke. "I assure you, my lord, I have never renounced the old ways. The face I have been obliged to present each day since your...absence...that is my true mask." Lucius said as he looked over at Y/n and Harry who were trying to get free from the statue as Wormtail spoke up. "I returned." Voldemort ran over to Wormtail as he coward in fear as Voldemort spoke to him. "Out of fear, not loyalty. Still, you have proved yourself useful these past few months, Wormtail." Voldemort waved his wand over the stub where the rat of a man had no hand was a new with one of enchanted silver. "Thank you, master. Thank you." Y/n and Harry struggled to get free as Voldemort walked over to the unconscious Cedric. "Oh, Such a handsome boy." Voldemort said as Y/n and Harry shouted at Voldemort. "DON'T TOUCH HIM!" This made Voldemort look over finally at Y/n and Harry as he walked in front of them. "Y/n, Harry. Oh, I'd almost forgotten you two were here. Standing on the bones of my father. Yeah, I'd introduce you both, but word has it you're both almost as famous as me these days. The girl and boy who lived. How lies have fed your legend. Y/n and Harry. Shall I reveal what really happened that night thirteen years ago? Shall I divulge how I truly lost my powers?" Voldemort said as he walked back whispering. "Yes, I shall? It was love. You see, when dear, sweet Lily Potter and brave, loyal James gave their lives for their only daughter and son, they provided the ultimate protection. I could not touch them. It was old magic. Something I should have foreseen. But no matter, no matter." Voldemort said as he walked in front of Y/n and Harry again. "Things have changed. I can touch you two...now. Astonishing what a few drops of blood will do, eh Y/n and Harry?" Voldemort said as he placed his long boney finger onto Harry's scar making him scream out in pain as Y/n looked at Voldemort shouting at him. "LEAVE MY BROTHER ALONE YOU HALFBLOODED FREAK!!" Voldemort looked over at Y/n smirking at her. "Ah, Y/n Lily Potter, the defender of Hogwarts and Lioness." He touched her cheek making her scream out in pain. "You've grown into a beautiful young woman as Lucius said, you will getting a different fate from your brother." Voldemort said then looked at Crabbe, Goyle and Lucius. "Hold her down with her left arm out." The statue let her go as the three men grabbed her and held her down on her knees while ripping off the left sleeve of her Triwizard Tournament uniform off as Voldemort looked down at Y/n. "I'm going to give a gift fitting a first born lady as you, Y/n Potter." Voldemort said smirking evilly as he took out his wand and pushed the tip into her skin as the dark brand began forming in her skin. Y/n cried out in the worse pain she could imagine while Harry watched his sister scream out in pain until the mark was finally finished the death eaters let her go while Voldemort backed away from the girl as she held onto her burning and bleeding arm yet glared at Voldemort. "You are a monster, your a freak of nature!" Y/n shouted out angrily as Wormtail and the death eaters backed away from the girl's display of rage as she fired a spell at the statue as it dropped Harry whom stood beside his sister. Voldemort smirked at the Potters. "Pick up your wands, Potters. I said, pick it up! Get up! Get up!" Voldemort shouted at the two as they held their wands tightly in their hands. "You've both been taught how to duel, I presume, yes? First , we bow to each other. Come on, now, Y/n, Harry. The niceties must be observed. Dumbledore wouldn't want you two to forget your manners, would he? I said, bow." Voldemort moved his wand forcing Y/n and Harry to bow down. "That's better. And now!" Y/n moved Harry behind her. "No!" She said protectively til she felt intense pain. "Crucio!" Voldemort casted the torture curse onto her and Harry til he stopped. "Attagirl, attaboy, Y/n and Harry. Your parents would be so proud. Especially your filthy Muggle mother." Voldemort said as they tried casting expelliarmus on to the dark lord only for him to shoot it back at them thus making them roll away from Voldemort. "I'm going to kill you two, Y/n and Harry Potter. I'm going to destroy you two. After tonight, no one will ever again question my powers. After tonight, if they speak of you two, they'll speak only of how you two...begged for death. And I, being a merciful Lord...obliged. Get up!" Voldemort made Y/n and Harry stand up with his magic as Y/n and Harry tried to ran for cover narrowly dodging a killing curse. "Don't turn your backs on me, Y/n and Harry Potter! I want you two to look at me when I kill you both! I want to see the light leave from your eyes!" Voldemort shouted out as Y/n looked down at her Dark marked arm then her unconscious friend and finally Harry. They stood up together and walked out of cover looking straight at Voldemort and his death eaters. "Have it your way." They said together before casting expelliarmus at Voldemort as he casted Avada Kedavra, green magic from Voldemort's wand meet Harry's red magic and Y/n's gold magic creating a powerful stream of magic that battled itself til Voldemort's magic came closer to Y/n and Harry then they fought against him harder with both hands on their wands. "Do nothing! They're mine to finish! They're mine!" Voldemort shouted out until a pale blue dome of magic surrounded the three as they dueled on suddenly three balls magic came out of the joined magic. Y/n and Harry saw the muggle caretaker whom Voldemort had killed then looked beside them seeing James and Lily Potter, their parents. Y/n and Harry looked over at their dad as he spoke seriously to them. "Y/n, Harry, when the connection is broken, you two must get to the portkey. We can linger for a moment to give you both some time, but only a moment. Do you both understand?" Y/n had tears running down her face as she nodded along with Harry as Lily spoke to them. "Let go. Sweethearts, you're both ready, let go. Let go!" Y/n and Harry broke the connection as the spirits of the caretaker and their parents rushed at Voldemort as Y/n casted her magic at the triwizard cup. "Accio!" Y/n and Harry held onto Cedric as they vanished into thin air.