6

When I got home after Peter denied me his number I guess I was looking a bit somber considering Lori had asked me if I was alright when I came back home. I crawled through the window and went out of my room. Oh wow. I, actually have a home now. Anyways I was surprised she was up. "Karen? Are you okay?" I looked up and smiled "Yeah! I just was just getting something to drink." Lori smiled and continued on some im guessing paperwork. I got some water and then headed back "I'm gonna go to bed now I've still got a long day ahead of me tomorrow. With unpacking and stuff." Lori smiled "Take as much time as you need sweetheart" I smiled and went to my room. I sat down on the bed and took a big sip of the cold water. "Ah, refreshing" I put the water on my side table and got my phone. I was thinking of texting Spider-Guy but I thought that'd be weird. I decided to text him tomorrow when I woke up. I fell asleep thinking about my powers. I wish I didn't look so scary. That lady really looked scared of me until I told her it'd be okay. I hope she's okay now. I was looking though my Instagram and came across an account. @peterparker_rox . Hm. I looked at it and followed him. His page was really funny. He's really dorky. I was looking and I saw MJ! They seemed to hang out a lot! I think she likes him! And he likes her! But I'm not gonna get into that. I looked more and he seemed really nice. I wanted to get to know him. I then stayed on Instagram for a while longer looking at people doing their makeup. They we're so beautiful! I decided to ask Lori the next morning if I could get some. After I was done I took another sip of water and then got comfortable in my bed. "Hawwww" I had to go pee. So I went and then I finally fell asleep.

The morning came and I woke up with bed hair my bangs were sticking up and my hair was all frizzy. I put my hair in two ponytails and brushed my bangs. I put on my glasses. I usually don't wear them but I felt like I should today. I brushed my teeth and then left my room. Lori was asleep in the same spot she was last night doing that paperwork. I lightly tapped her and she woke up. "Oh, Karen hi darling I'm so sorry I don't have breakfast ready I was up all night wi-" I smiled "It's okay really! I understand." She smiled back. "Well I'm gonna go wash up and we can go out for breakfast?" I looked at the time "Or brunch since it's 11:56" She looked at the clock and gasped "I usually don't sleep in this late! Haha well let me go wash up I'll be back in a minute" I nodded my head and once she was gone I looked at the paperwork. I usually wasn't nosy but I wanted to know what kept her up all night. I heard the toilet flush and the sink start so I quickly looked. I saw something about Fury? It looked like a brand or something. I then left and sat on the sofa. I was looking at makeup more and then she came out. She looked really pretty. She was caramel colored and kind of plus size like me. Her hair was dark brown like her eyes. She was around 5'6. She looked like she could be my actual mom. She was wearing red lipstick. "All right. You ready to go?" I stood up and slid on my shoes. "Mhm!" She grabbed her purse and she walked out the door with me behind her. "Lock the door can you please?" I locked it and walked with her. I stopped and looked back at Peter's door. I sighed and kept walking. I was thinking about how he was acting. Is that just normally how he acts? Or does he just not like me? I don't know.. Lori and I got to the first floor. We walked out and took a bus to the mall. I felt bad for her already buying stuff for me. I was pretty quiet on the way there. She was looking at the city. When we arrived we ate some pancakes there at the mall. When we finished she asked me "So where else do you wanna go? You need clothes?" I stayed kind of quiet. "Hey, it's alright, you can talk to me, I know you didn't have much clothes when you were there but I can get you some now!" I nodded my head slightly and she grabbed my hand "C'mon let's go" We went to a clothing store that i actually had just seen an advertisement for on Instagram. Aeropostale or something. She got me some shirts. Then we went into the Nike store and she got me a hoodie and some slides. I normally wouldn't wear slides but they were pretty! Lastly she then asked "Anything else you want?" I hesitated at first but then I answered. "Makeup..?" She smiled "Definitely! Let me take you to Sephora!" I furrowed my brows "Sephora?" She nodded her head. "Mhm! It's a store just for makeup!" I smiled as I walked beside her. When we got to the store it was kind of overwhelming. There was a bunch of makeup. There was even stuff I didn't know how to use. I had watched a bunch of tutorials on how to do makeup and it looked a bit complicated. She got me a lot of makeup. She got me an eyeshadow pallete, concealer, eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, mascara, highlight, contour, and lipstick and brushes and sponges. She said those were the "basics" I was really surprised. That's a lot for basics. She told me she used to wear a lot of makeup when she was younger so she knows how to do it. When we got home she put all my stuff on my bed. I was really surprised it was so much stuff. She then came in with more things. She said they were gifts from her friend Natalie. They were used shoes. Lori said they were called "chucks" or converse. There were black, red, grey, and two pairs of white ones; but one of the pairs were hightops. I put up all the clothes and shoes in the closet. She had also taken me to this store called Pink. She got me some underwear. We didn't find any bras my size since I was more of a plus sized girl. It was understandable. She said mostly skinny girls get bras there. She got me some bras from another store. I put everything away and then I layed down on my bed. I decided I'd text Spider-man.

Karen
Hey, are you busy?

Spider-Guy
No,no not at all!

Karen
I just wanted to know your advice. My foster mom Lori just bought me a bunch of stuff snd i feel so bad about it. It's a bunch of clothes and stuff but I also asked for makeup.. I feel bad..

Spider-Guy
Oh yeah. I wouldn't say to not feel bad but don't feel bad. She's doing it out of the kindness of her heart. And you're like her daughter! If she didn't want to she wouldn't have.

Karen
I guess you're right.. If you see me next time and I'm wearing makeup, don't laugh because I'll probably look like a clown! XD

Spider-Guy
I won't laugh! I promise! You're pretty without it anyways!

I gasped. He thinks I'm pretty? That's so crazy.

Karen
Thanks! That's nice of you!

Spider-Guy
You're welcome!

Karen
Thanks for your advice Spider-man.  I really appreciate it!

Spider-Guy
No problem!

Peter's POV
I finished texting her and my heart was beating rapidly. I can't believe I had just said that. It's just a compliment no biggie right?
RIGHT?
I facepalmed. How was I supposed to tell her to delete my number now? I can just get two phones. When I was about to put my phone up I felt it buzz again.

Karen🔥
Hey, um, I was wondering if you could tell me about the kid named Peter? He goes to midtown high and he seems really nice but I think I weirded him out.

Peter
Oh uh yeah I think I know him. In fact you probably should stay away from him. He's bad news. yeah.

Karen🔥
He is? He seems so sweet! Him and his mom!

Peter
It's not his mom it's his aunt.

Peter
I only know that cause he used to be my friend but he's bad news.

Karen🔥
Oh okay. I thought we could be really good friends. :/

Peter
Yeah. But hey we're friends!

Karen🔥
Yeah! Thanks again. By the way, is there anything else I can call you besides Spider-man?

Peter
Uhm. Go ahead and call me uh Spidey. You don't have to add the man.

Karen🔥
Oh alright. Bye Spidey.

Peter
Bye Karen!

I sighed. What did I just do? Oh god. I put my phone down and Ned looked at me. "What's wrong? Your lunch sucks? Cause mine does" I nodded my head. "No, girl problems.." he furrowed his brows. "With MJ?" I nodded my head. "No no not with MJ. It's this girl I met when I was on patrol. Her name is Karen she-" Ned interrupted "Like your suits AI?" I chuckled "Yeah, I didn't even realize that. But I gave her my number, as Spider-Man and she just moved in a few doors down from me and she asked me for my number and I rejected her because it's the same number as Spider-Man's" Ned took a bite of his food. "Oh that girl that we met that other night!" I cringed "Dude! Don't talk with your mouth full!" Ned finished his bite. "Sorry" I answered him. "Yeah that one." Ned nodded his head. "What's she like?" I thought about it. What was she like? I knew her a lot more but should I tell him? "She's nice. I don't know her that well. I want to cause her powers are so cool! But I still haven't been able to get Spider-Man to tell her to delete my number. God it's so hard ya know?" Ned shrugged. "I wouldn't know. I don't have girl problems" I got up and threw my stuff. I decided to go and skip the rest of the day. It wasn't important. I left and decided to go see if I could find Karen.