2

The next day came and I was just waiting for the night to fall. I wanted to go explore that school again. This one night though, was really neat. I snuck out and I met him again. He was really nice.

Peter's POV

I was on patrol one night when I spotted someone going into my school. Man they really need better security. I jumped on to the roof and climbed inside the school. No alarms went off or anything. I was still suspicious considering it was almost 1am.
I listened for sound when I heard it from one of the labs. I snuck in quietly. I expected to see a thief or something;but what I saw wasn't a thief. It was that girl from the other night. She was doing calculations and looking around at what she could use. I watched her carefully. She was really smart. As she was looking around for stuff she was about to open my drawer that has my left over web fluid in it. I jumped down from my hiding spot. "Hey!" She turned around and her eyes widened as her hands and her eyes turned red and black. "Wait!!! I'm not stealing anything!!!" I walked closer. "I know you're not, you're really smart actually, you just shouldn't be in here at this hour." She cooled off and took a deep breath. "Thanks, I'm uh-what are you doing in this school?" I scoffed "I could ask you the same" She looked down. "Well you know I live in a foster home so I don't get a good education so I come here to learn what I can" I nodded my head "well it seems you've learned a lot" She smiled "Yeah! I have a friend who meets me here sometimes her name is Michelle, she's taught me a lot" I smiled under my mask "that's nice of her." I sat on a desk "so if you don't mind me asking what's your name?" She smiled "Karen. Karen Joseph" I nodded my head even though I already knew her first name from the other night. "That's nice, I'm Spider-man." I gave my hand and she shook it. "Nice to see you again Spider-Man" I looked around. "Ya know, Karen, it's not exactly safe for you to be coming out every night the way you do" she smiled "is it that obvious that I come here often?" I tilted my head slightly. "Kind of" she went back to work. I walked next to her and watched her work. She was making some sort of gloves. I leaned on the desk she was working on. "What are those gloves for?" She looked up and smiled "For my hands" I rolled my eyes under the suit as she giggled. "Yeah, speaking of your hands, why did they glow like that? And your eyes? If you don't mind me asking of course." She stopped working and she stood back. "I have powers the same way you do, except my powers are the ability to make fire. My eyes go black and red, my hands glow and if I'm really giving it my all, my hair turns into flames." I stood straight "Like ghost rider?" She gave a face "who?" I nodded my head "nobody-look you gotta go back to the foster home, it's dangerous out here." She rolled her eyes "I'll be fine don't worry. Thank you but I'm sure you have bigger things to worry about than me." I shrugged. "At the moment not really." She leaned on the desk "someone could be in danger in some other part of town and you're not there ya know." I thought about it. "you're right but I mean I'm not the only superhero in this city." She put everything up. "fine, I'll go home then. Since you're so adamant about it." I smiled under my mask. "Good! I'll be on my way then" I left the room as she followed. "Bye Spider-man." I turned around and waved then webbed away.

I left and several minutes later I hear guys screaming. Then I hear police. "Uh oh" I swung in that direction. "Just when I was gonna go home." I got to the scene when I see bad guys on the ground with third degree burns. "Geez what happened?" The police guy turned to me. "Oh hey Spider-Man. We don't know exactly what happened to them but they've been jumping people and robbing them for a while now." I facepalmed "really?" He scowled at me. "Yeah" I traced foot steps down into the alley. I looked and saw Karen there. She turned around and I saw her black and red eyes while the police lights shined on her. "Hey, told you I could handle myself" I grabbed her by the waist and swung to the rooftop of the nearest sky skyscraper. "Hey!" I put her down. "Are you crazy?!" She interrupted "Yes!" I looked at her for a good three seconds. "You could've been arrested! Or worse killed! You can't just use your powers without any covering up! Do you understand?! You could've been shot!" She looked down "I know." I stuck out my arm. "C'mon, I'm taking you home" she reluctantly wrapped her arms around me as I wrapped my arm around her.

When we got to the balcony railing thing, I set her down gently. "Here." I handed her a little tiny circular unit. "If you need me press this button and I'll be there." She looked up "why are you giving me this?" I sat down. "Because I know you're not gonna stop sneaking out so when you do and get in trouble again DONT use your powers and press the button." She looked at it and then put it in her pocket. "Okay" I stood on the railing and waved "Goodnight Karen" she waved back "goodnight" I let myself fall back and then swung away.

When I got home I searched up her name. I typed in "Karen Joseph" nothing came up until I came across this 15 year old article. I read it out to myself. "Baby born premature is way more than abnormal." I furrowed my brows. I read on and read "The parents of Karen Joseph [Hector Joseph & Natalia Joseph] decided to put their baby up for adoption. They didn't know what to do other than give her away. The current whereabouts of Karen is unknown. Sources say she could have been stolen or even killed for scientific research." I couldn't believe what I had read. She's so cool. She's really unknown around the world. I read more and learned she was born in Texas. That's far from New York. I decided to bookmark the article and I closed my laptop. "Alright Peter, make sure next time you see her, you ask questions;but not too many cause that's weird." I wanted to know about this mystery girl.