Quirk (Part 2)

Mulai dari awal

"Okay, let's go find him now." Our neighbours gave us a reassurring smile and we set off with a decent sized search party.
__________________

Mika POV

"Izu-chan? Mommy? Where are you?! I'm scared!" I wandered around aimlessly in a seemingly endless abyss. Did I die? No, that can't be... I pinched my cheek and a stinging pain could be felt. Ghosts can't feel pain, I think...

"Let me out, please! I'll do anything!" I crouched down and sobbed onto my knees, knowing that my pleas would not be heard.

"Gahh...guhh...haaahh..." The groans of the black figure echoed with the darkness.

"Hiehhhh!" I shrivelled up into a small ball, hoping that it would not see in this endless darkness.

Just then, my body got ejected out of where I was standing on and I rolled on a sandy surface. Huh? Sand? I looked around my surroundings noticed that I was in the sandbox of the playground that Izu-chan and I would always go. It was only a 15 minute walk from home. More importantly, why am I here?

"Heh... heh... Haha..." The black mass let out a toothy grin and rolled around in the sand. It then snuggled up into my arms and energetically pulled me along to build something out of the sand. It used its lumpy body and shift a pile of sand to vaguely form the shape of a sandcastle. Does it want to play...? How cu-- No, Mika! Don't let your guard down, that's a villain!

I glared at the black figure and flung sand at it. "Go away!" I cried out desperately.

"Uwahhh..." Big droplets of water dribbled out of its white sockets as it let out a painful cry. Are those... tears? Why does my heart sting so badly for a villain? He even tried to kill me!

"...m..ka... Mi...ka... Mika.... Mika!" Multiple voices resounded across the silent neighbourhood. The voices then got clearer and clearer, suggesting that these people were getting closer and closer.

"I'm here! Please help me!" I got out of the sandbox and ran towards the source of the voices. Noticing that I was escaping, the black mass chased after me.

"Gah...gah...guhh..." Hearing its groans getting closer, I could somehow feel that this shadow monster was about two meters away. I shut my eyes in a panic and just ran with all my might.

"Mika!" I opened my eyes and saw the face of my dearest angel, Izu-chan.

I flung my body onto his and we both toppled onto the hard cement floor. That probably isn't the best course of action considering that a giant shadow monster is chasing after us.

"Mika!"

"Oh my gosh, look at that thing!"

Then, I saw Mom and a few of our neighbours running in our direction. They stopped at the sight behind me. It got caught with me eh? How could I accurately pinpoint its location?

Just then, a few heroes showed up right at the scene in the nick of time.

"You heroes are finally here! Thank god! Please save us!" Mom pointed her finger at the shadow monster.

"Don't worry, lady. Please evacaute this area now." The hero dressed in blue calmly ushered the whole group away.

"Guh...? Gah!" The black mass followed us but blocked by the group of heroes.

"Oh no you won't!" He then proceeded to shoot small tiny droplets of water at the black mass at high speeds.

"Guh...guh..." Although the water did deform the black mass, it seemed unfazed by the attack.