Volume 3, Chapter 3 - "Supreme Power"

(Dusk Flareshot's P.o.V)

Steven: "Come on, boys. I haven't got all day."

My body was boiling with anger and the desire for revenge. My brother had just disappeared right in front of my eyes and I was going to make sure that Bright's soul was avenged! All I could see on Steven's face was that same vile, overconfident smirk, I hated it!

Dusk: "I'll-!"

Codex: "Take the first move!"

Dusk: "Hey! I called it first!"

Codex: "Trust me, Dusk, I know what I'm doing. If you actually want to win against these guys, you're gonna need Link Zones and I'm gonna be the supplier."

Dusk: "... Fine. Go ahead."

Inti: "Before we start, boys, why don't we make things just that little bit more frightening, shall we?"

Steven: "Ha! For once, I agree with you. Got anything special in mind?"

Then, Inti raised his arm, on which his Duel Disk was on, into the air and it soon became shrouded in shadows! After the shadows had subsided, we saw that his clothing had changed so that he was wearing a pitch-black chestplate with golden trims, black armoured trousers, black shin boots, black gloves with a piece of amethyst in each one, along with a black cape, held to the chestplate by blood-red buttons. His Duel Disk had changed as well. The blade now resembled a scythe, was light purple in colour and had dark purple trims around the edge. The blade also had a cracked pattern to it, as if it had been damaged. The base of the Disk was different from the blade. The purple colour fades out from the scythe into black for the base of the disk and, instead of a screen, there was a blood-red pentangle on the base of the Duel Disk. There also seemed to be a Life Point bar on the side of the Duel Disk's base, it seemed to light up the rest of the Disk and, depending on how full the bar was, the brighter it glowed. The Deck Zone and Graveyard each had four razor-sharp teeth above and below them so they both resembled the mouths of demons! Once his transformation was complete, Codex stepped forward and started the Duel.

DUEL START - DUSK FLARESHOT AND CODEX CELLUA VS STEVEN PARANEL AND INTI

Turn 1 - Codex (8000 LP)

Codex: "I'll start this Duel off by summoning Cyber-Cell Rusted Rig!"

Cyber-Cell Rusted Rig (Lv 4 - LIGHT - Machine/Effect - 2000/100)

Codex: "Now, I activate its special ability. When it's Normal Summoned, I can excavate the top three cards of my Deck. Then, I get to add a 'Cyber-Cell' card among them to my hand. The remaining cards are sent to the Graveyard. The excavated cards are: Cyber-Cell Boltman, Cyber-Cell Footsoldier and Link Bound. I'll add Cyber-Cell Footsoldier to my hand and send the other two cards to the Graveyard. Appear, the circuit that leads to guaranteed victory! Arrowheads confirmed! The Summoning conditions are one 'Cyber-Cell' monster. I set Cyber-Cell Rusted Rig in the Link Arrow! Circuit combine! Link Summon! Link One! Cyber-Cell Larva Core!"

Cyber-Cell Larva Core (LIGHT - Machine/Link/Effect - 600 - Link 1 - Link Arrows: Bottom Centre)

Codex: "When Larva Core is Link Summoned, I can add Cyber-Cell Reinforcement to my hand. Next, since I control a 'Cyber-Cell' Link Monster, I can Special Summon Cyber-Cell Footsoldier next to its Link Arrow!"

Cyber-Cell Footsoldier (Lv 4 - LIGHT - Machine/Effect - 1800/900)

Codex: "And, when Footsoldier is summoned, I get to add Cyber-Cell Assembly Cube to my hand. And now, I activate Boltman's ability from my Graveyard! Since I control a 'Cyber-Cell' monster, I can Special Summon it!"