Volume 2, Chapter 3 - "Duel Under The Moonlight"

(Michael Kalka's P.o.V)

I kept walking on my way to find the Moonlight Stalker and, hopefully, Tyler. I kept wandering through the streets while looking at the utter destruction that had passed through here. I couldn't believe that this place used to be my home, where I always saw people smiling, happy families laughing, friends hanging out and lovers blushing. It made me feel so depressed, it was like having my Deck thrown into the sea. I then thought of my mother, had she survived this?! No! I couldn't think like that! There's no way that even Kyle would do such a thing! I decided to take my mind off it by staying vigilant to any sort of movement and reading more about my new cards on the way. I soon arrived at Clothing Checkpoint but the building seemed quiet... too quiet. I entered cautiously, checking almost every corner of the shop. I found Tyler tied up in the center of the room, he made a noise once he saw me and I understood what he said. I untied him and took the gag out of his mouth. After gasping for breath, he started speaking again.

Tyler: "Michael?! Thank God you're alive! I thought you were-"

Michael: "Ok Tyler! Calm down! I'm gonna get you out of here."

Tyler: "No!"

Michael: "What?"

Tyler: "YOU have to get out of here. This place isn't safe! He's here... somewhe- LOOK OUT!"

We both then jumped a few steps back and I saw a ninja star stick to the floorboards. If Tyler hadn't warned me about it, it could have sliced one of my feet off! I saw movement come from the darkness and readied myself for an attack. Sure enough, it came and something struck me in the legs and made me face plant the floor.

Michael: "Ah!"

I soon got back to my feet and ran towards the light switch, switched the lights on and I saw a man in a ninja outfit jump down from the ceiling to the ground. This guy's outfit was black with a few hints of purple here and there. He also had a mask that hid all of his face, except his blue eyes. His voice was very sharp and his voice was also very staccato in how he spoke his words.

Moonlight: "Cower in fear, young ones. For I am the one that haunts your dreams at night, the one who's at one with the shadows, the one who's undetectable to any of your modern technology. I am... the Moonlight Stalker!"

Michael: "Wow! Talk about an entrance."

Tyler: "Come on Michael, let's get out of here!"

Moonlight: "Ha! Do you really believe that you two can out-speed me?! Foolish boy!"

Michael: "He's right. We can't run away. We can't go over him, we can't go under him... we'll just have to go through him!"

I then activated my Duel Disk and stared at him straight in the eyes.

Michael: "You up for a Duel ninja?!"

Moonlight: "... I'd rather not. If you both come to Kahloza peacefully, I promise that no harm will come to either of you."

Michael: "And you expect us to believe that?! Get out your Duel Disk!"

Moonlight: "... Very well but don't say I didn't warn you."

He then jumped quite far back and activated his own Duel Disk. It was black in colour with a purple blade shaped like a sword.

Moonlight: "Here are my terms. You win and I'll let the both of you go free and I'll even give the boy's Deck back but, if you lose, let's just say neither of you will see the light of day again!"

Michael: "Deal!"

Tyler: "What?!"

Michael: "Trust me, I've got this!"