29 Maybe There's an Array?

Yun Bei Fen happily held onto MeiChao Bing's hand and followed him through the forest, not payingattention to their surroundings at all. Ah, if he could decide, thenthey could take some more time to find their way out of this forest.Couldn't there be one of those arrays here that made people go incircles for a very, very long time until they figured out thatsomething was wrong? Then they could stay here for several weekswithout having to go to the border region!

Mei Chao Bing looked at the littlebunny that was staring up at him and smiled. "Is something thematter?"

"Do you think there's anarray here?"

"Mn?"

"Haven't you heard aboutthose arrays that trap people inside them?"

"Oh, these arrays." MeiChao Bing rubbed Yun Bei Fen's head. "Don't worry aboutthat. Even if there was one, I could get us out of it. Nothing willhappen to you while you're with me."

Yun Bei Fen's expression dimmed.Ah, so they couldn't be trapped in the forest for long. He shouldhave known. His senior martial brother Mei was so great, naturally,he wouldn't need long to get them out of here. So maybe they wouldonly need to stay here for a day or two. How sad!

Mei Chao Bing raised his brows andwanted to ask just why his little bunny was so sad when Yun Bei Fen'sexpression already lit up again.

Ah, senior martial brother Mei hadsaid that he would protect him! Too great! Senior martial brother Meireally had to like him. With his eyes curving into a smile, hesnuggled up closer to Mei Chao Bing. Who cared if they made it out ofthe forest soon or not? The most important thing was that he couldspend each of these moments with his senior martial brother. And nowthat they had confessed their feelings and found out that they weremutual, they could also spend their time together after they reachedthe border region, couldn't they?

He looked up at Mei Chao Bing againbut in the end, he didn't dare to ask. Even though Mei Chao Binghad confessed first ... What was supposed to happen after that? Ah,he should have asked his senior martial brothers about these thingsbefore they moved out to go on their missions or secluded themselves.Now, who should he ask?

Yun Bei Fen tried to think of allthe people he knew but nobody that could answer this question came tomind. He did know a lot of people in the sect but none of them verygood. While growing up, most of his time had been spent with hissenior martial brothers and his Master.

Mn? Yun Bei Fen straightened up.Right. His Master! Why hadn't he thought of him sooner? His Masterwas already so old, he should know how such a relationship wassupposed to work. When they reached the border region, he could justask him.

Yun Bei Fen happily clung to MeiChao Bing, imagining the future. Ah, he didn't know for sure butmost likely being in love with each other meant that they would spendevery day together. They would wake up together and then cultivateand train together and finally go to sleep together ... Mn, such agreat way to live!

Mei Chao Bing had long stoppedcaring about their surroundings and instead watched the expression ofthe little person next to him. From his initial happiness, to worry,back to an expression of absolute bliss ... He'd really like toknow what his little bunny was thinking of. He didn't dare to sayanything though. Yun Bei Fen was so happy right now. He shouldn'tdisturb him. Thus he only squeezed his hand to make his presenceknown and led him further through the forest.

The two of them didn't hurry andinstead leisurely walked through the forest as if they weren't ontheir way to a dangerous mission but instead on a romantic springouting. Time passed and soon enough the sun was setting.

Mei Chao Bing stopped and turned toYun Bei Fen, finally pulling him out of his vision of the future whenhe brushed his hair back. "It's getting dark. Let's stayhere for the night."

"Mn." Yun Bei Fen noddedsheepishly. Ah, he hadn't paid attention to senior martial brotherMei at all! Just where had he been with his thoughts?!

Mei Chao Bing didn't mind. Hepulled Yun Bei Fen to the little clearing in front of them and pulledout a blanket from his spatial ring, spreading it on the ground."Here, sit down first." He helped Yun Bei Fen take a seatbefore taking out yet another blanket that he wrapped around hisshoulders. "It's going to be cold in the night."

Yun Bei Fen nodded, still not daringto say anything and watched while Mei Chao Bing hurried about to findsome dry wood to make a fire. "Senior martial brother Mei ..."

"Mn?"

"Can I help?"

Mei Chao Bing shook his head. "No,just wait for me. I'll be finished soon." He piled the wood upand set it on fire, making sure that it wasn't too close to Yun BeiFen so he wouldn't accidentally be hurt but still close enough forhim to feel warm. Then he awkwardly remained standing next to thefire.

What was he supposed to do now? Sitdown on the blanket next to Yun Bei Fen? But he had only confessedtoday and his little bunny had seemed a little confused by all ofthis. But this was his best chance to get close to him and make surethat nobody else would snatch Yun Bei Fen away. Ah, he really wantedto take advantage of the situation but he didn't feel too goodthinking like that when he looked into Yun Bei Fen's limpid eyes.It seemed ... he really wasn't worth this person's admiration.

Mei Chao Bing smiled and sat down onthe blanket, pulling Yun Bei Fen into his arms. Screw it. If hewasn't worth his admiration anyway, then there was no need topretend. He should just go as far as he could get away with.

-----------

Author's Note: Since I've finished writing the main series of Lovely Writing System I'll be raising the release schedule of Like a Ray in My Night. Starting next week, there'll be two chapters: One on Tuesday's and one on Thursday's. 😊