Chapter Twenty-One

Mulai dari awal

At the window Captain Nanaba came, surprising everyone.

"Everyone here?" Nanaba said. "Multiple Titans, 500 meters to the south! They're coming this way, right now. There's no time for you to gear up! Take your horses and evacuate all nearby homes and settlements. Understood?"

"The south?" Connie said.

"Has the Wall fallen?" Reiner said.

~*~

Riding on her horse, Iris and Leon rode with the others Cadets. She kept a good distance from the front where Mike was. The whole time, she felt something off with everything that was happening, especially when the news of the Titans coming from was from the South.

No... they're fine, they're fine! Leon thought.

Regalado was at the South-West side of Wall Rose, if the Titans came from there, then there was a possibility that they have come from that village as well.

"SCATTER!" Mike commanded.

"THEY STARTED SPRINTING!"

Iris turned and saw the Titans – abnormal ones – running towards them. Holding tight on her reigns, she turned back to the front and found Mike glancing at her.

"Captain, wait." She said.

"GELGAR, TAKE CHARGE OF THE SOUTH TEAM!" Mike commanded and then rode towards the Titans.

Iris watched in horror as Mike, a good man who, rode towards his possible death.

"CAPTAIN!" Iris said, about to break formation.

"IRIS, DON'T!" Leon called and grabbed her reins.

"LET GO!" Iris said.

"REED! YOU HEARD WHAT THE CAPTAIN SAID, WE'RE HEADED TO THE SOUTH!" Gelgar said.

"HE'LL DIE!" Iris yelled.

"NO, WE CAN'T SPARE ANYONE ELSE!" Gelgar said. "Have faith in him... his skill is second only to Captain Levi! He'll make it back alive!"

"THAT'S NOT ENOUGH!" Iris yelled.

"IRIS!" Gelgar called. "Mike will be victorious."

The formation was broken to each Cadet grouped to ride to the villages and evacuate the people. Iris and Leon took a group towards the South West, after getting Gelgar's approval, to evacuate the people, and get Joseph and Sarah from the farm.

Nearing the village, Iris and Leon noticed that their village had not been touched by the Titans, but they knew that it wouldn't be long before the herd would come for them. They scattered their group to get the people and evacuate them, Leon and Iris rode to their home, yelling at the road of houses to evacuate. When they came to the gates, Leon and Iris' horses jumped over the fence and then rode forward. At the distance, Leon saw his mother's familiar red hair hanging laundry at the laundry line with the help of the other refugees that stayed at their farm.

"MOM!" Leon called. "MOM!"

The two of them came to a stop before Sarah and the others present.

"Leon?! Iris! What are you two –" Sarah began.

"THERE'S NO TIME!" Iris said. "EVERYONE, WE NEED TO EVACUATE, WALL ROSE HAS BEEN BREACHED, TITANS ARE INSIDE!"

"GET ONLY THE ESSENTIALS TO SURVIVE, THEN GET THE HORSES AND RIDE TO THE NEAREST EVACUATION GATE! NOW!" Leon said.

The people ran back to their homes to get their families, while Sarah stood at her place, frozen in shock and fear to what was happening.

"Mom, we need to go, where's Dad?" Leon said.