Chapter 13

Everyone noticed how much Oikawa was out of it the entire game. His serves hit the net, his tosses were too long or too short, everything about the Grand King was an incoherent mess. Little did the others know it had been Hinata's fault all along.

"Iwa-chan!" Oikawa exclaimed, ball already on its way towards the ace and Iwaizumi slammed it down; Nishinoya dived after it and pushed it up high towards Kageyama.
"Hinata!" he ordered, firm and concentrated but not the slightest way how he used to. He had lost his aggressiveness and arrogance within his voice, nevertheless, both Kindaichi and Kunimi flinched at the command. Like a crow itself Hinata flew towards the net, already grinning at the incoming block from the opposite team.
Iwaizumi, Kindaichi and Matsukawa. An indestructable wall but nothing he wasn't prepared for, Hinata wanted to show off and what was wrong with that? He had waited far too long for this chance.
In the last second Hinata did a full stop and dashed to the left.

If you can't get past a block, avoid it dumbass!

Kageyama's words, fresh and clear in his mind, echoed within his thoughts. Kageyama. His Kageyama. His partner. His setter.
With closed eyes, Hinata jumped and just before hitting the ball, in this tiny split second, he pried them open again. He saw Oikawa Tooru behind the net, furthest position on the left side, shock written all over his face as the ball whizzed past his head and onto the ground. Oikawa hadn't twitched a muscle, it almost seemed as if his feet were glued onto the ground.

Silence.

Kageyama snickered and made a fist.
"Yes!"
Hinata started to jump up and down, giggling like a madman. He was happy and nobody could have blamed him for that because this, this was the fucking fastest quick they all had ever witnessed.
And Hinata had had his eyes closed!!
Tanaka and Nishinoya broke the stunned silence with cheers and each ruffled Hinata's head and highfived Kageyama (who had literally no idea what he was supposed to do), oblivious to the latter fact until someone of Seijou found his voice again.
"H-he... HE HAD HIS EYES CLOSED!!" Hanamaki yelped and everyone froze again, utter surprise developing into shock. Closed?!

Oikawa swallowed and narrowed his eyebrows, stiff muscles slowly easing again. This was unfair. So fucking unfair. They had something supernatural inside their team and it was called Hinata.
He voiced the tiniest attempt of a laugh and picked up the ball again, tossing it towards Tanaka while his glare pierced through the impossible comby.
"Ghost, demon, whatever you are, Chibi-chan. You won't get past me."
Iwaizumi rolled his eyes and made himself ready to receive the serve of the baldhead.
"Was about time you snap out of it, Trashykawa."
"Iwa-chan so mean!!"
Oikawa couldn't stifle that tiny smirk even after this jab. Hinata glared back, fire visible inside his lively eyes.
"We'll beat you!"

Kageyama watched the middleblocker with a fond smile on his lips. He had rarely seen Hinata like this, pumped and motivated to fight for his life.
For him and at his side, the setter suddenly realized.
"Whoa Kageyama, are you feeling unwell...? Your face is red..." Asahi voiced right next to him and Kageyama backed a step away.
"Yes. I mean, no. Y-yes I'm okay."
"Are you sure...?" the spiker poked again and received another nod. Not quite convinced he kept his eyes lingering on Kageyama for another second but was forced to dismiss it to block Kindaichi with him.
"Yes!"

At his side.
Hinata was tied to his side from now on and didn't even look like he minded it, well, it was his purpose in life, right? To bind with people regardless of age, personality or lifestyle in a contract to grant a wish. Kageyama wasn't an exception and he always knew this but whenever Hinata spiked one of his tosses throughout the entire match, he felt a weird sense of accomplishment. The way Hinata would cheer after a hellish quick and still would shout for every single toss Kageyama had to offer, his thirst never satisfied...
The setter needed to remind himself to also include the other team members.

Pretty fast Seijou found out Hinata sucked at receiving and Oikawa started to aim his serves right at the tiny middleblocker. Again and again, Hinata got hit and somehow Daichi managed to save most of them, but Seijou caught rapidly up to them and won the second set.
With clenched teeth and full of adrenaline, the opponents stared each other down. The last set. Oikawa served.
"Make yourself ready dumbass..." Kageyama ushered him from the side, Hinata rolled his eyes and threw him a look that said 'Shut up I got this'. Nishinoya had switched positions with Tsukishima and settled in on the court next to Hinata, grinning from ear to ear.
"No worries, I've got your back!"

Oikawa tossed the ball high up, eyes fixated onto the round spinning object, ran a few steps, jumped high above the ground and smashed the ball straight across the court- directly towards Hinata.
Too high! Low receive or high receive? Low? High? Low?! High?!
In the last second the overwhelmed chibi turned his head and allowed the ball to hit him full force into his cheek, sending him flying backwards. Asahi let out a noise akin to a shriek, Oikawa just stared bewildered at the nerve Hinata seemed to possess to receive a ball intentiously with his freakin' face and Nishinoya chased after the ball, properly guiding it towards Tanaka.
"Tanaka!"
"Got it!!"
Hinata struggled to get back onto his feet and watched as Tanaka scored a point with a block out.

"Oh oh..." Kindaichi muttered wide eyed, staring at the fuming Kageyama who stomped over towards Hinata.
"HINATA-BOKE!! WHAT WAS THAT?!"
Daichi narrowed his eyebrows and stepped closer, trying to prevent the upcoming argument in middle of a match.
"E-ehh?! I-I saved it!! I-"
"YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN SERIOUS HURT!!"

Silence.

"What?" Hinata asked baffled and Kageyama seemed to realize what he had been yelling at the overenergetic sunshine. Daichi's words died in his throat as he shut his mouth before any words could leave it; surprised he watched the exchange of words.
"...are you worried about me~?" Hinata teased with a smug face and watched as the setter flustered in front of him with a weird sense of victory dwelling in his bones. It was... cute.
"S-stop saying bullshit and concentrate, dumbass!!"
"Yeah yeah~"
Even from behind the net Kunimi noticed the tips of Kageyama's ears were a brilliant shade of red. Kageyama could think about his team? What was wrong with the King of the Court?