Twenty Nine

“Son.” Yoongi did not move as the voice spoke to him. He didn’t even so much as flinch when the hand found its way to his shoulder, squeezing it gently. “Son, get up. You have been here far too long, and you know that the goddess will continue to ignore you.”

“I have to try.” Yoongi said lowly, his voice rocky and unsteady from years of unuse.

“This is ridiculous. Come with me. Now.” Yoongi shook his head slowly, the first sign of movement he’s really made in the last twenty years. “Stand.” Yoongi gasped, feeling his body move on its own as his father compelled him to stand.

Hades was the only god that could control Yoongi as his ‘king’ in all technicality. Yoongi had no choice but to lite to him, even if he didn’t want to. His body would move on its own.

“You’re coming with me, and were going to discuss a few things at home.”

Three centuries later~

Yoongi sat upon the throne, staring grimly down at the shade, who was kneeling before him. “Send him up.” Yoongi finally said. The shade audibly gasped.

“No, my king! Please!”

“Send him up.” Yoongi growled once more. Two skeletons grabbed the shade and forced him up, dragging him from the hall.

Yoongi growled and stood, done for the day. He headed to his chambers, shedding the black toga he wore, and stepping into the frigid waters he’d drawn for himself for a bath.

Three centuries. Nearly four had passed, since he had last seen his flower.

Hades had stepped down, Yoongi was now king of the underworld, even if that wasn’t allowed, but there was no one to stop him. Hades and Persephone had decided to vacation on the earthly plane and in the Elysium fields, free of responsibility, while their son ruled.

Yoongi had turned cold, and while his body hadn’t turned to stone in those decades he’d stood in front of Demeter’s statue in Greece, begging to see his flower, his heart certainly had.

He showed no mercy, no compassion for anyone anymore, and even though the ban on him in Olympus had been lifted years ago, Yoongi had not stepped foot onto the bright terrain once. He hadn’t spoke to any of his friends, and he’d all but given up on Hoseok.

Yoongi had been broken.

-

“What is next?” Yoongi spat to the shade standing next to him.

“I do not know, sire. There is nothing here. Only a blank space.”

“Then I am done for the day.” Yoongi said, standing.

“Your majesty—“

“I have said that I am done for today, are you questioning me, your king?”

“No, your majesty.” The shade bowed once, before disappearing.

Yoongi sighed and stood from his throne, walking towards the side entrance of the room, but the front doors suddenly threw themselves open.

A figure walked in slowly. “Who dares to disturb me?” Yoongi called out. “I am done listening to the complaints of your pathetic souls.”

“That’s too bad, because I was hoping you’d listen to mine.” Yoongi froze at the voice, his breath hitching. He whipped around.

No, it could not be.

But it was.

Hoseok stood there, pushing the hood to his cloak down, and smiling up at Yoongi. The king was floored, unable to move as the beautiful flower in front of him smiled softly.

“Kiki.” He said quietly.

And it was like a spell had been broken. Yoongi cried out, not caring if he was showing weakness, running towards Hoseok like his life depended on it. And it did.

He crashed into Hoseok, enveloping the male into his arms and letting his centuries of hate and sorrow spill from him, as he took comfort in his love. “Seok...Seok.” He whispered, over and over again, unable to comprehend if this was real or not.

But it was. Hoseok was real, in the flesh and blood, standing before him, holding him, comforting him. “W-What? How?” Yoongi whispered. Hoseok smiled softly, running a comforting hand through Yoongi’s hair.

“It is a long story.”

“One I need to hear. Now. You have no idea what it has been like for me. I am nothing without you, I am nothing but a ghost, a shell, I am lost without you, utterly lost.”

Hoseok sighed, nodding. He helped Yoongi to his throne and sat the god upon it, making sure to keep running his hands through the male’s hair, assuring him that he was there, that he was real, that he wouldn’t be going anywhere.

“Taehyungie came to visit me...about four centuries ago.” Hoseok admitted. “Demeter had taken me after I was rejected from the underworld, and I was under her care. I always knew that I was somewhere I was not supposed to be, but I was heartbroken. She had told me that you had let me die, and then went off and married some nymph.”

Yoongi jerked up at those words, his eyes blazing with blue fire, and Hoseok panicked, pushing the god down. “Taehyungie told me she had lied to me, and I confronted her, but she wouldn’t let me go. She made me call her mother, wanted me to be her son. I...never brought the subject up again, and I Uh...tricked her. Gained her trust, and she had me commissioned to become a goddess.”

“A goddess?” Hoseok nodded slowly.

“We went to Zeus and he granted permission.” Yoongi gazed at Hoseok, taking in the male’s beautiful appearance. Nothing had changed, but he could sense the power that now flowed through his veins.

“Goddess of what?”

“Smiles.” Hoseok said sheepishly. Yoongi found himself smiling a bit, his lips twitching in amusement.

“That’s...so fitting.” Yoongi finally admitted. Hoseok let out a small giggle, nodding quickly.

“Thank you, Hyung.”

The atmosphere suddenly grew a bit more dull and Yoongi sighed. “You were gone for so long, Seok. I lost hope.”

“I know, and I’m sorry. I escaped only just moments ago...she was kind, but kind of delusional?” Hoseok winced at those words, as if disrespecting someone physically hurt him. Yoongi cooed at how kind his flower was.

“I don’t know if I can live if you ever leave me again.” Yoongi whispered.

“Good, because I won’t be leaving ever again.” Hoseok whispered back.

And the stone heart Yoongi had, finally crumbled open, once again.