Six

Taehyung Focus

Taehyung was walking around his room, trying to find something to do.

His days always seemed to be like this. Filled with boredom.

Sure, he could go talk to the sea horses, or maybe go take a swim with the sharks, but he did that everyday.

He wanted something else.

He didn’t want to be trapped in Atlantis for the rest of his existence.

His father had basically forbid him from leaving the confines of the ocean.

He knew he was in the human world, but he had yet to meet a human, see the surface. He was someone who always obeyed his father’s orders, although that didn’t stop him from questioning them from time to time.

Why did his father keep him away? Why couldn’t he go to the human world? Or Olympus? He’d heard about Olympus, where his father was one of the more important gods. So why did his father not want him to meet the others?

Why did his father act so ashamed of Taehyung?

Was it because he was soft and feminine?

Kind?

Innocent?

Taehyung didn’t know.

He frowned, sighing and shaking his head to rid it of those thoughts. He really did enjoy his life, and he was grateful for everything he had, but being alone all of the time with nothing to do offered a lot of time to be trapped in his own head.

Taehyung snapped his head up when the door to his room opened, his eyes lit up and he smiled. “Father!”

“Son.” His father said a little coldly. “I’ve decided to take you to Olympus with me.” Taehyung’s breath hitched and his smile widened.

“Really!?”

“Yes.” The god said. “We’re leaving now, in fact. “

“But…” Taehyung tilted his head. “Why are you taking me, father?”

“Because I don’t want you here anymore.” His father snapped. Taehyung flinched, stepping back. “You’re just a little leach, Taehyung. That’s all. I’m ashamed to call you my son, and keeping you here has done nothing but bother me. I’m taking you to Olympus, and leaving you there. You’re no longer welcome in Atlantis.” Taehyung gaped, trying to find some words.

Anything.

But he couldn’t. He allowed his father to drag him out of his room and down the hall.

He was going numb.

He should’ve been excited. Excited when they stepped foot into some beautiful gardens. A new place, new people. Taehyung could do whatever he pleases, meet whoever he wanted, do whatever he wanted.

But he couldn’t believe that his father hated him so much. He hadn’t realized.

His father basically pushed him away. “Don’t come home. I don’t want to see you again.” Taehyung gasped as his father disappeared.

He felt tears coming to his eyes. He sniffled and looked around slowly.

He didn’t know what to do.

He’d always imagined leaving Atlantis, exploring somewhere new.

But he’d always imagined his father helping him, leading him and teaching him.

But his father never wanted to see him again. Taehyung collapsed onto the grass and pulled his knees to his chest, letting the salty tears flow down his face.

Suddenly, there was someone in front of him.

“Hey, shh...it’s okay.” The male whispered. Taehyung sniffled once more and looked up slowly. He felt his eyes widen a bit at the beautiful god in front of him.

Even for a god…

“There we go.” The kind god said. He smiled warmly at Taehyung as the tears started to absorb into his skin. “I’m Seokjin. What’s your name?”

“T-Taehyung.”

“I’ve never seen you around before. How old are you?”

“F-five hundred y-years.” Taehyung mumbled. Surprise flashed in the others gaze.

“Have you ever been to Olympus, before?” Taehyung shook his head, resting his chin on his knees and looking past Soekjin, seeing the scenery and the beautiful gardens.

“M-my father kept m-me in Atlantis…”

“Poseidon’s son?” Taehyung nodded slowly, feeling tears come to his eyes once again. Seokjin saw and panicked a little, embracing the young god in his arms to comfort him. “Shh...it’s okay. Did something happen?”

“H-he hates me.” Taehyung hiccuped out. “H-he said he n-never wanted to s-see me again.”

“Shhh….it’s his loss, then. It’s okay. You’ll be okay.” Seokjin smiled down at the boy. “Would you like to be friends?”

“F-friends?”

“Yes.” Taehyung blushed a little. The only friends he’d ever had were fish.

“Y-Yes, please.” He whispered shyly.

“Well, my other friends are down on earth right now, and we were planning on going there. Would you like to join us?”

“W-we..?”

“Seokjin!” Another voice called. Jin turned and smiled at the other god approaching. The new males gaze fell onto Taehyung.

“What is a child of Poseidon doing here?”

“Namjoon, be nice.” Ssokjin snapped. He rolled his eyes at the hostile male. Seriously, the feud was between their parents, why did their children have to hate each other?

“H-hi.” Taehyung offered, becoming shy. “I-I’m Taehyung.”

“Namjoon.”

“He’ll be coming to earth with us. Poor things just been kicked out of his home.”

“What, n—“

“Namjoon.” The god clenched his jaw and nodded. Jin turned and smiled at Taehyung.

“Let’s go, then. You’ll love the others. They’re all really nice, well, Jimin can be kind of a dick sometimes, and Yoongi is a little...depressed, but otherwise—“

“Let’s just go.” Namjoon sighed.

“Yah!” Jin said, offended.

“You’re rambling again.” Namjoon offered. Jin sighed and nodded, grabbing a hold of Taehyung’s hand.

“Earth, here we come!”