Chapter 15: Fight for freedom

Start from the beginning

-

I woke up by my phone. I groaned and turned my alarm off. Cheryl moved a lot and woke up. I smiled at her and pecked her lips. She giggles and we get up. We changed and ate breakfast. We got on my bike and drove to Ronnie's. As we arrived Kevin also arrived. We greeted him and I rang the bell. Smithers opened the door. ''Mr Topaz, Mrs. Blossom, Mr Keller. Please come in'' He says and we thank him. ''Guys, you made it!'' Ronnie says and I give her a hug. ''Is my dad already here?'' I ask and she nods. ''He's in the living room with my mom'' She says. ''Hey guys!'' I heard Sweet Pea, Fangs, Jug, Archie, Reggie, Josie, Betty say. ''Hey guys, the meeting is starting soon. I better head out there'' I say. ''Good luck'' They all say and I smile. ''Hey'' Cheryl says and I hum so she could continue. ''I love you'' She says and kisses me. ''Love you too'' I say and head to the living room. I see my dad sitting there with Ronnie's mom. ''Ah, son there you are'' My dad says and I smile. I give him a hug. ''Mrs. Lodge, pleasure to meet you'' I say and shake her hand. ''You too'' She says with a smile. ''Hiram, the Topaz's are here'' She says and Hiram walks out of his office. ''Good meeting you'' He says and we say the same. ''So, you came here to talk'' He says. ''Yeah, we heard that you transferred the Serpents to Greendale'' I say. ''Ah yes, I did that because I heard Veronica is dating that Serpent'' He says. ''Sweet Pea yes'' I say. ''Is there any way you can transfer us back?'' I ask. ''Why would I?'' He asks. ''Listen, Sweet Pea is a very sweet guy. He treats Veronica very good and is nice. He lets Veronica take her time and they are really in love'' I convince him. ''Alright I'm convinced. I'll transfer you back on Monday'' He says and smiles. I sigh in relieve. ''Thank you so much Sir'' I say and shake his hand. ''No, thank you'' He says and also shakes my dad's hand. We leave the living room. ''I'll be going now'' My dad says. ''Alright, thanks dad. I love you'' I say. ''Love you too boy'' He says and hugs me. I go upstairs and knock on Ronnie's door. The door opens and it reveals the whole gang sitting and talking. ''So?!'' Everyone asks anxiously. ''Bad news'' I say with a frown and sit down next to Cheryl. She rubs my arm. ''Wait what do you mean?'' Archie asks. Everyone looks at me nervously. ''I wasn't finished'' I say. ''Bad news...for Greendale 'cause we're getting transferred back!'' I say excitedly and everyone jumps up. Cheryl hugs me tightly and wraps her arm around my waist. ''Seriously?!'' Betty says and I nod grinning. ''When?'' Josie asks. ''Monday'' I say. Everyone hugs us and we celebrate. ''Alright, we need to celebrate this. Party at La Bonne Nuit!'' She says and we all cheer. We all talk for a while and leave. We arrived home and I sat down. Cheryl sat down next to me. She's smiling the whole time. ''What?'' I ask. ''I'm so happy you guys are getting transferred back'' She says and kisses me. ''I know, so that means we're gonna be living in my trailer again. Is that okay?'' I say. ''More than okay'' She says and I grin.

Cheryl and I got ready for the party at La Bonne Nuit. I was now done with changing and Cheryl was doing her make up. After a couple of minutes, Cheryl finished and we left in my car. We pulled up at the parking lot of Pop's and we got out. I threw my car keys at the guy outside and opened the door to let Cheryl in. We walked hand in hand through the crowd and made an entrance. Veronica walks over to us. ''Toni, you look dashing'' She says and points at my outfit. I thank her and Cheryl takes a picture. ''V, this bar is amazing'' She says and Ronnie smiles. ''I'm gonna head over to the guys'' I say and she nods. I peck her lips and walk over to the guys. We greet each other and talk about Serpent stuff. The party was pretty sick and there were a lot of people. Mostly from school. We were partying until Betty came up to us. ''Guys, V wants to speak to all of us in private, so come to the private area'' She says but just at that moment I spot Maya standing there in the distance. ''You guys go ahead I have to do something'' I say and they nod all following Betty. I walk over to Maya. ''Hey'' I say and she looks up. She looks a bit surprised but smiles. ''I thought you weren't allowed to see or talk to me again'' She says and I grin. ''I just wanted to catch up'' I say and she nods. ''I missed you'' I say. ''I missed you too'' She says and we talk for a bit until I heard an oh so familiar voice. ''What do you think you're doing?!'' I heard the voice say. I turn around and see Cheryl standing there with her hands resting on her hips. ''Relax babe I was just talking to Maya'' I reassure her. ''I'll just go'' Maya says and walks away. Cheryl grabs my arm and slurs me to a private space. ''I thought I told you not to talk to her anymore'' She says angrily. ''We weren't doing anything. I just missed her. I promise babe, you're the only one'' I say while taking her hand. ''Fine, you're forgiven'' She says and I wrap my arm around her. She giggles and I kiss her forehead. ''I have to bring this glass back, you can already go to the rest'' I say and she nods. I walked up to the bartender and handed him the glass. He thanked me and I walked towards the private area. I heard all of them talk. I was around the corner and Cheryl was saying something. ''I'll have to ask Toni'' She says. ''Ask me what?'' I ask and they all turn around. ''There you are! Take a seat and I'll tell you'' Ronnie says and I sit next to Cheryl. I wrap my arm around her and Ronnie speaks. ''I want to invite you all to the Lodge Lodge to celebrate the Serpents coming back and to enjoy each other's company'' She says. ''When and how long?'' I ask. ''Next week for a couple of days'' She says. ''So what do you say?'' She asks. ''Sure'' I reply and she claps her hands. ''Perfect! Everyone make sure you're ready next week!'' She says and we all go back to the party. After a while Cheryl was getting clingy and tired. We were sitting on the couch with Ronnie, Betty, Josie and Kevin while Cheryl was sitting on my lap. She was now burying her head in my chest. I was rubbing her back softly and pecked her head. ''Oh my god'' Kevin squealed. ''What?'' I asked. ''Choni is going so well'' He says and I grin. ''We are'' I add and he smiles proudly. Cheryl was moving and burying her head even more into my chest while wrapping her arms around me. ''Babe let's go home. You're tired'' I say. ''Okay'' She mumbles and we get up. We say our goodbyes to everyone and lastly walk to Ronnie. ''We're gonna go now, Cheryl's tired'' I say with my arm wrapped around Cheryl. ''Of course, thanks for coming guys and I'll see you tomorrow'' She says and I nod. We walk out and I take the keys of my car. I drove us home and carry Cheryl into my trailer. I gently place her on the bed and get changed. After I get changed I lay down on the bed. Cheryl lays her head on my chest and wraps her arms around me. I wrap my arm around her waist. ''Love you'' I say and peck her head. ''Love you too and I can't wait to go to school with you'' She mumbles and I smile.

I was so looking forward to school. Never thought I would say that sentence.