Toby Sets The Toaster On Fire

I returned a little while later sporting a light blue tracksuit; it certainly felt good to be out of those bloody clothes that were weighing me down. I never knew how heavy blood could truly be until I was covered by large amounts of it. In my hand was a plastic shopping bag that I had placed my soiled clothes in; I figured it would be easier to carry them to the laundry room this way.

"Hey, guys." I said, "I'm back."

I then turned my attention towards Laughing Jill. She turned to meet my gaze and gave a small smile. I liked that about her, compared to Laughing Jack, she wasn't an asshole. She was actually pretty nice; sarcastic at times, yes, but still, she was nicer in comparison to her boyfriend, Laughing Jack.

"Jill, thanks again for showing me where the washrooms were." I said, "I feel so much better after my shower."

"You're welcome." Said Jill.

Just as we were about to continue our conversation; I see something, or someone moving. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Toby twitching wildly; a lot more frequently than his usual tics. I turned to face him, feeling a bit confused and concerned.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "Toby?" I said my voice questioning.

"G-Guys..." Toby stuttered, "I-I accidentally s-set the t-toaster on f-fire."

Everyone turned to face him, our jaws dropped. You could definitely tell that Toby was worried; very rarely does he stutter over his words like this. I mean he would every now and again when it had a tic turning a conversation, but it was never this bad. I mean, he was stuttering every other word.

I stood there staring at him, "Toby!" I cried out.

"Oops..." Toby said softly.

Masky shook his head.

"Wow, Toby..." He said, placing his hand against his forehead, "Just wow."

"W-What?! I-I said it w-was an accident! I-I d-didn't m-mean to do it!" Toby cried out, raising his hands in defense.

I too shook my head, "Oh well... it doesn't matter if you meant to do it or not... accidents happen Toby." I said, "Let's just go and put out the fire before Slenderman finds it..."

Toby shook his head, "I-I only s-start fires... I-I don't know h-how to put t-them out." He admitted.

"Toby... You're dumb." Masky said.

"H-Hey... T-Take that b-back Masky..."

"No." Said Masky, "It's true Toby, you're dumb."

"I-I s-said take it b-back M-Masky!"

"Make me." Said Masky.

I shook my head, boys... I thought. "Oh my God... Fine, I'll do it." I said and quickly made my way to the kitchen to put out the fire.

I knew I would have to be quick to put the fire out if I didn't was the boss to find it; but... now that I was there at the scene of the fire, I didn't really know how to deal with it. I was still confused as to how someone could even set a toaster on fire; I thought the only one could get set ablaze is if someone put metal inside of it or if the settings were put to high and were left unattended.

Oh well, I guess it didn't really matter how the fire started at this point, what mattered was putting the damn thing out. I looked around the room, searching for a fire extinguisher; with the number of times I've heard stories of Toby setting things on fire I would only assume, and hope, that they would actually have one in the mansion should this happen again.

Luckily, I found one in the last place I looked; under the sink. I grabbed it, pulled out the pin and quickly took the toaster out if its misery by putting out the flames.

"What is going on here?" Slenderman said, his voice loud and angry.

I jumped, spinning around to see the boss standing behind me as I hid the fire extinguisher behind my back. Shit... I thought I'm in trouble now... I gave him a small, innocent smile, hoping he hadn't seen what had taken place only moments before.

Masky had entered the room behind him. "Nothing Sir." Said Masky.

I smiled at Masky for coming to my rescue; I thought I was a sitting duck for a moment there.

"Yeah, just cleaning up a mess Sir," I added quietly.

Slenderman tapped his foot against the floor and folded his arms across his chest. "It smells like smoke in here." He said.

I gulped.

"Y-Yeah... that was my fault, Sir." I said softly, "I was going to help Toby make waffles but I had the setting too high. My apologies Sir."

"Of course it was for Toby's waffles...." Slenderman said, shaking his head. "What is his obsession with those?"

"I don't know." Said Masky.

I shrugged, "I don't even know Sir." I said.

Slenderman sighed and nodded. "Ok."