My First Day at Slenderman's Mansion

I remember standing in a yard with two little children playing nearby and I watched them curiously. Suddenly, they both stopped playing; they were now talking, both to each other and me. I watched cautiously as they turned to face me. 

"Hello." They said.

At first, I thought they were merely talking to themselves; so I didn't pay much attention to them. 

"Who's the new girl?" said one of them. 

I looked over, smiling hesitantly and mumbled. "I'm... Amythest." I said, "Amythest Wolfe." They were now talking to me. 

"Hi, how did Slendy find you?" One asked. 

"Oh hi, I'm Sally." Said the other. 

I nod, grinning ever so slightly; I wasn't too sure of how I should respond, but being silent wasn't going to be an option. They were both expecting an answer, so I probably should say something. I just had to think fast, yeah... that's it. 

"Nice to meet you both...I think." I said, although only one of them told me their name. "I'm new around here, so I don't really know anyone yet..." I admitted, "Also, Slendy didn't really find me... I kinda found him by fluke and well... now I'm here." 

Sally's friend looked at me, "Are you a proxy then?" 

I thought for a moment. "I am a proxy, yes..." I said with a nod, "And you two?" 

They shook their heads, but only one of them spoke in reply. "No, we're just kids so we don't have jobs." she said, "Did you already pass the proxy test, or are you waiting to do it?" 

I paused for a moment, unsure of what to say. "Oh uh..." I began, "I'm waiting to do the proxy test still..." I said, feeling a bit awkward and out of place. "I'm 22..." I added, "But I'm pretty much a kid at heart. Had to grow up too fast." 

They both stared at me and I shuffled my weight awkwardly. 

"What does that mean?" asked the girl, "Are you a demon too?" We age fast until Slendy stops it. That's why I'm always going to be 12."

Sally nodded in agreement. "Yeah, but keep in mind, you're mentally only 8 Lazari." Said Sally. "And I'm 8, also... I'm a ghost."

I shook my head, "No... I'm stopped at 22 years old." I replied, "I'm part human and part shapeshifter." 

Lazari tilted her head, "So shapeshifters age fast too?" She asked, "Is that what you mean?"

I bit my lip, feeling slightly flustered but shook my head and gave the child a small smile. "No child, I aged normally but I was really young when I lost both my parents; they were killed," I said, my chest feeling heavy. "I had to learn to take care of myself after that. That's what I mean by having to grow up too early." 

Sally came up to me, tugging ever so gently at the jacket I was wearing; causing me to look down at her. "It's ok..." she said, "You don't have to worry about that anymore, Slendy takes care of you now." 

I nodded a little, I mean, the kid was right; I was no longer alone. I was living in a mansion surrounded by other people; I just hadn't met them yet other than Sally and her friend. Who I recently relearned that she went by Lazari; which is quite a pretty name. I sat there quietly as I continued to be in the company of Sally and Lazari; thinking about when I will become a full proxy here at Slenderman's Mansion.  

As far as I was concerned, there were other mansions ran by his brothers; but this is the place I wanted to be. The place where I could one day release my full potential. I sighed and sat down on some nearby steps, watching the girls play.