Data 5 ~ Work

~ Your POV ~

"Well... I should get to work." I tell Koujaku as I stand up from my chair. The two of us had talked a bit and I had told him honestly what I thought of him now compared to our first meeting. It actually makes me feel better. "Right. They must be worried about you." Koujaku says. "I'll let myself out, then. See you later, Koujaku." I exit his apartment and walk down the stairs. "Pash, please give me directions to Heibon." I say as soon as I set foot on Aoyagi street.

"Understood." Pash says. "It would be best to-" "Well well well, look who came back." I look up at hearing a voice. In front of me is a small group of women. If I remember, they're Koujaku's fans. "Uhm, what do you want?" I ask, confused to why these women are approaching me. "Oh don't even dare act like you don't know. Why were you in Koujaku-san's house?" Another woman says in a snappy tone. "Excuse me, but Koujaku invited me in. I just drank some tea and talked to him." I say, trying to stay calm. "Now if you ladies will excuse me, some of us have a job." I walk away from them before they get to reply.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Once I arrived at Heibon, I apologised to Haga-san for being late. "Pulled into Rhyme, (Y/N)-chan?" He asks after I tell him the story. "Yeah. I didn't know it was even possible to do Rhyme without Usui. That thing is supposed to be there every time, isn't it?" I ask. Haga-san thinks for a bit. "To be honest, I'm not quite sure about the rules in Rhyme. But I'm sure Aoba-kun does. It's happened to him, too." He says. "He got pulled into Rhyme?" I ask to which Haga-san nods. "To be frankly honest, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same person who did it." The same person? "Who did it to Aoba then, Haga-"

"Look Mio, Kio! The Junk Shop is oooopeeennn!" A little boy voice calls out and Haga-san's smile fades. I look at the now open door and a trio of kids (two boys and a girl) with animal onesies stand in the opening. "Ooooppeeeeennnn~" The second boy cooes. "But where's that blue haired perv?" The girl asks. "Oh.. Hello children." Haga-san says, a little sad. I stand up from my chair and walk over to the door. "Care to tell me your names?" I ask the children who look at eachother.

"Care to tell us YOURS, lady?" The boy with glasses asks. I stare at the kids for a bit. "No way, I asked you first." I say. "I asked you second." The boy replies. I chuckle a bit. "Fine then, I'm (Y/N). I work here now. Now would you mind introducing yourselves?" I say, making the children look at eachother. "Kio." The first boy says. "N-nao." The second boy with the animal suit says. "And I'm Mio, the most mature!" The girl says. "No you're not!" Kio says. "Am too!" Mio spits back.

Haga-san walks over to me and looks down at Nao. "You're awfully quiet today, young man. You're usually the loudest of them all." He says, making the boy pout. "S-shut up.. Baldy!" He says. Nao's siblings pause to look at him. "Ah." Mio says. "Ah." Kio says, seeming to be getting a little nervous. "Ah?" I ask in confusion. Suddenly, the air next to me feels colder. "Excuse me, young boy? What did you say? I think it started with "ba"?" Haga-san asks, but obviously he doesn't need to hear it again.

"Ba... Ba... Ba..." Nao says and he starts shaking in fear. "Back!" I say in Nao's defense. "Their parents must be back home now, so I think they should get going! Right, you three?" I ask the kids with a wink and they nod quickly. "Well get going then, be careful on your way home and all that. Bye!" I lead the kids outside and close the door. "Well (Y/N)-chan, I have to say you're doing a good job so far! The children seem to like you." Haga-san says with his smile back on his face.

"H-huh?" I ask. The past few minutes have been a weird experience for me. "Ah, nevermind all that! I have something you can deliver. You can go home afterwards, if you'd like." Haga-san says as he walks to the counter and picks up a paper bag. He walks back to me and puts the bag on my hands. I stare at it in confusion for a bit. "Oh I'm sorry! Alright then, I'll get to it." I say with a smile. "Good work today." Haga-san nods. "Good work." I exit the shop.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"(Y/N), you may want to consider taking a detour. That road's been closed for maintenance." Pash tells me as I'm walking. "Okay, I'll go in here, then." I say as I enter a side street. It's beginning to get darker out, and the streets are lit in all kinds of neon colours. I went out for dinner with Mizuki yesterday and I have to admit Aoyagi street looks amazing at night. I turn a corner and enter my final destination for today, the western district. I deliver the bag at the costumer's door and turn around so I can go home. "Thanks for helping me with the routes all the time, Pash." I tell the bird sitting on my head. "Don't worry about it. I'm your Allmate after all."

I walk through the south district and am kind of relieved there's no fangirls of Koujaku around. As I talk with Pash, someone rudely interrupts me. "Evenin', babe. Looking bangin' tonight." A guy steps in front of me. "Right. I have some things I have to do so would you mind moving out of the way?" I ask, but don't wait for his answer. I step aside and walk one step before the guy grabs my arm. "Hey! Let go" I try to wriggle my arm free, but he has an iron grip on it. "I don't think ya understand. You ain't goin' anywhere."

The guy pulls me close to him again and I notice his breath reeks of alcohol. "Let me go! Go perv over someone else- Ng!" The guy squeezes one of my breasts and I pull myself free. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I say as I bring back my hand. Just as I'm about to bring my hand down on his face, someone grabs my hand. I look up and meet Koujaku's red eyes. "K-Koujaku?" I ask in disbelief. He smiles at me. "Good evening (Y/N)." Koujaku kisses the back of my hand steps in front of me. The pervert is gone and I feel dirty so I shiver a bit.

"You know it's not very becoming of a girl to be violent, don't you, my dear (Y/N)?" Koujaku says in a calm tone. I know I must be red but I can't figure out wether it's anger or embarrassment. "I am not your dear. And excuuuse me for wanting to hurt someone who just molested me!" I pull back my hand and put it into my pocket. "Molest you? I'm sorry I arrived just a bit too late to save you." Koujaku gently embraces me but I'm still a little bit flustered so I let him do it.

Soon, I'm walking around with Koujaku. "Anyway, what are you doing outside?" I ask. "Well, I was going to meet up with my team members and get a drink, then I saw you and rushed over." He smiles as I roll my eyes. "Kyaah. Koujaku-san likes me." I say in a sarcastic tone. "What was that supposed to be?" Koujaku asks. "An impression of your fangirls." I say with a smile, making Koujaku chuckle. "So hey, (Y/N). Do you have anything planned tonight?" He asks a bit unsure. "Well I was going to sit at home and talk to Pash, maybe unpack some more. But now I don't really want to. Why?" I ask.

Koujaku looks to the side a bit. "W-well... I was wondering..." He sounds very awkward. "What's up, Koujaku?" I ask. "I was wondering if you'd join me and my team for drinks." He says, still avoiding looking at me. I smile at his evasiness. "Sure, why not? It's just drinks, right?" Koujaku then finally looks at me and nods. "Well then, lead the way! I still don't know where to go!" I say with a little laugh.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I take another sip of my drink and set the glass down again. I look around the table at Koujaku and his teammates who are hapily chatting away. In the beginning they asked me a couple of things, like where I came from, if living here is okay so far, etc. To be honest, I was happy when they stopped. Now I was just sitting at the table listening to the guys talking. One of the members appearantly notices my boredom. "So (Y/N), have you fallen for Koujaku-san yet?" He asks and I laugh a bit. "Yeah right! If you wanna know, I despised him until this afternoon." I say as the guys all make an "Ooooooohhhhh" sound and pat Koujaku on the back and shoulders.

The members then proceed to say things like "She sure is lively, Koujaku-san!" And "Just your type!" like the two of us are a couple. I'm not quite sure about how I feel about Koujaku just yet. I mean, I've only known him for a couple of days and yes, I might have some kind of feelings for him. I secretly hope he feels some kind of real affection for me. But with this guy, who can really tell? Right now, I think I should just focus on getting to know him better. I just laugh the comments off, and so does Koujaku.

Little did I know, in the same amount of time Koujaku thinks the same about me.