Come with Me: Tormund Giantsbane x Reader

Warnings: swearing

Request: Tormund x reader fic? Reader goes north with him and the rest of the Free folk and is nervous of how different the things will be

The cold air was biting at your skin. Maybe this had been a horrible idea, but you had seen Tormund and his fiery hair and that had been that. When he had told you that he couldn't stay in Winterfell any longer, that he needed to go home, north, the real North, someone might have as well ripped out your heart from inside your ribcage and cut it into pieces.
You had begged him not to go, sunken onto your knees and cried. For hours you had pleaded him not to leave you, not to go. But tears and cries had not changed his mind. Of course, he had held you close, kissed each tear away, but he still wanted to go north.
You had told him that you couldn't live without him, not after he had shown you what life was really all about. Crying, you had told him that without him, you wouldn't be able to survive.
"Come with me then", he had said, wiping away another tear and smiling his devilish grin. Oh, that smile, that impossible smile. What would you do without it.

Never, not once, had you considered not living in Westeros. Technically, you were still going to live in Westeros, but you had never even dreamed about going beyond the wall, let alone falling in love with a man of the Free Folk. Actually, someone resembling a leader of the Free Folk.
Once the tears had stopped flowing and the sad mist clouding your head had cleared up, you had realised that this was a stupid idea. You knew nothing of what your life out there would be like. You had never not enjoyed the comfort of a warm home and those furs looked way too heavy. You knew nothing of hunting or survival in the cold, yet, here you were, trotting north alongside the idiot who had made you do this. He was your big little idiot and you were his. What fool would follow another person to the end of the world because of something as silly as love?

While making camp with the rest of the group, you could feel their eyes gleaming at you. For a good amount of time now, you were trying to make a fire but there wasn't even so much as a spark. They knew you were rubbish at this. You knew it, too. The only person who still looked at you like you were the moon and the stars themselves, like you were the embodiment of perfection, was Tormund.
He sat there with his face in his hands, sometimes sighing deeply and never breaking eye-contact with you.
You tried again, you hoped for anything, even just the slightest spark. And. Nothing. Not even a little bit. From across the camp site, you could hear a few Free Folk sneering, blowing the air out of their nostrils and imitating your poor work.
You were not made for this. This was not your home, you should have stayed back in Winterfell. No, no, no. And there it was again. The spiral of thoughts that pulled you down and under. You were nothing. Useless. You could feel your eyes well up with tears.
Suddenly, there were big arms wrapped around you from behind. They rocked you back and forth and a voice whispered sweet nothings into your ears.
"It's alright. No tears over a stupid fire." He buried his face in the crook of your neck and just like the first time, it didn't fail to send shivers down your spine. "It's alright."
A few of the others laughed and it ripped you right out of your safe place that was Tormund's embrace. "Your little Southerner knows nothing. Doesn't belong here. Doesn't know how to make a fire. You'll both die like that, nothing to warm you." It earned him a few approving roars.
"Oh", Tormund said, and you could feel his smile broadening, "there are other means to keep warm." Ever Tormund, trying to defuse a situation with some of his dirty humour.

When the rest of them were asleep, Tormund lay down next to you and pulled you into his side.
"I'm scared", you finally whispered. "Maybe this was a bad, bad decision."
"Don't worry. I'll teach you everything I know, and I will never let any harm come to you."
"What about the others?" The way they had laughed at you still haunted your soul. They would never see you as one of them. You would always be a little Southerner to them.
"Fuck the others." You smiled at that. Your first honest smile in a while. You shifted in your position and turned around so that your lips could meet his. Yes, Tormund would always make sure you were safe.

A/N: I have never written for Tormund before, so, I hope this is alright.
Also, like I said, I do write all my requests, I just write them when I feel like it, so I sometimes do more recent requests because I feel like doing them. 

Also also: I do write other things besides Sandor! hey, look!