Skyfall: Sandor Clegane x Reader

SPOILERS FOR SEASON 8 EPISODE 5 THE BELLS

Warnings: cursing

In which we can all do what we wanted to do during that episode...

Skyfall

The sky was falling. People were screaming all around you, praying to the Gods to have mercy on them, screaming for their loved ones that had been standing right next to them just moments ago, but where now buried underneath heavy stones or had been burned to death.
The world was ending, and you were racing right into the epic-centre. You stumbled over bodies but they all blurred into one colour. The ashes of what had once been Kingslanding covered everything the Dragon Queen hadn't destroyed yet with a blanket of grey. The streets were unrecognisable. Once upon a time you had called this pile of rubble home but now you weren't even sure whether you were going the right way.

Every few seconds you raised your eyes to the sky to see where the fire would come down next. It would be ironic if you were going to get burned before you could save the one person you loved, the person who was the most afraid of fire in Westeros. You had met him years ago when he had been the personal guard to the Prince and then had been his dog once the Prince had become the Boy King. Working in the Red Keep had taught you some valuable lessons. One of them was that Kingslanding meant death. You had left this city of misery and doom together with Sandor and you had never intended on coming back here.

The things you did for love.
You ran and ran. The general direction was the Red Keep. Sandor was headed there or maybe he was already inside the castle's wall. You prayed to every god, the old ones, the new ones, the Lord of Light and all the other ones you knew of that he hadn't found his brother yet. If he faced him, he would meet his end there. He might have been able to defeat him a long time ago but after what they had done to the Mountain, the odds weer undeniably against him. Nothing and nobody would be able to break Gregor. Nothing besides the Dragon Queen maybe. She was so keen on killing everyone loyal to Cersei. If he survived, you were sure that he was going to execute him. After all, the blood of the Targaryen children was on his hands.

You managed to slip into the walls of Maegor's Holdfast using the back alleys and servants' secret passages. You were about to start screaming your lungs out for him, when you ran into a girl. Arya Stark, you realised. You were under so much stress that you had almost not recognised her. If she was here that could only mean one thing, he was here, too. Those two were as thick as thieves.

"Where is he", you said almost screaming.

She pointed at the entrance way behind her. "You're too late though. He's going to do it."

"Not if I reach him before his brother does."
The girl only shrugged and slipped into the shadows. Your heart was beating against your rib-cage so rapidly, you were sure it was going to break your bones. You had to find him. Now. Your hands were reaching for anything, any column or handrail, to pull you forwards, to make you go faster. Just as you were running upwards the next flight of stairs, you came into contact with something hard. Taken aback by the harsh impact, you staggered down a few stairs.

"Sandor", you breathed. You had run into him, so keen on finding him that you hadn't watched where you were going. He turned around to face you, his eyes widening in shock.

"What are you doing here? I thought I told you to stay in Winterfell!"

"Well, and I thought I told you to stay but I guess we're both not good at listening", you said crossing your arms in front of your body. Then, you walked a few steps ahead of him so that you were on a more even eye level. He was still taller than you, but you needed to be able to look into his eyes.

"If you want to go kill your bother even though the Dragon Queen will gladly do that for you, go ahead, but you'll have to got through me first." You pulled your sword free from its sheath and pointed it at him. You were not going to back down. You would make him live. Normally, he would have laughed at that, mocked you and then taken you into his arms and kissed you. Not today.

"I need to do this", he said and looked at you with his eyes full of raging anger.

"No you don't. Let the Dragon Queen burn him. Let that be his justice. You will never defeat him. You will be just like a fly to him. He'll squish you dry of your blood before you can even wound him."

"Fuck off!" He pushed you into the wall, your shoulder crashing into the hard stone.

A sharp breath rippled through your body. "I will not", you said through gritted teeth. "Sandor", you cupped his face with your palms and he tried to break lose but you wouldn't let go, "you said you didn't want to die in this shit city. Remember that? Septon Ray was right. It's never too late to choose a new path. Remember that? It's not too late." Just as you were going to kiss him, you heard metal slicing across stone. Someone was coming your way. With your luck it was the Queen and Gregor was never far from her.

Both your heads turned towards the upper staircase. And indeed, there he was, trotting behind Cersei, dodging any stones that came down from the walls. They hadn't spotted you yet, but that was only a matter of time.

"It's never too late", you repeated, "not even now. Let Gregor get what he deserves and choose life. Choose me." His eyes had never left his brother. outside, you could hear the screams of a thousand people burning. The dragon soared over your heads, but you were not afraid. If you were set ablaze now, it would at least mean that you and he would part from this world together. Sandor's head snapped towards the sky. This had to be his worst nightmare. His brother was undefeatable, and everything was on fire.

"I'll keep you safe, you just have to choose me over your hatred." You weren't sure if Cersei or Gregor had already seen you, but you were not going to take your eyes off him.

"Fuck it, let's get out of here", he rasped. A soft smile spread across your lips and you took him by the hand, leading him from doom. As you ran out of the Keep, you placed a soft kiss against his shivering hand. Your lips prickled against the sensation of rough skin meeting soft lips. You had done it. He was alright. You were going to get out of here. You were going to have a future with the man you loved.