"I'm almost done..." Iris said.

A knock at the door caught Iris and Maria's attention. Turning to the door, Iris felt her heart race.

I'm not yet done!

Maria went to answer the door and invited the person inside. She frowned the whole time as she and the man entered her home.

"I came to give you this." Levi said, placing the bag of food, and the envelope with money on the table.

"Thank you, Levi." Maria said.

"Papa!" Iris went to her father's side. She was just finished with her sweeping and hid the broom at the corner. She was a bit dirty due to her cleaning, and a smudge of dirt was at her cheek. "Are you going to stay? Mama's going to make dinner, right Mama?"

Maria saw the hope in her daughter's eyes. She couldn't say no.

"Yeah... Levi, you should stay." Maria said, with begging eyes.

Levi sighed.

"I can't, Farlan, Isabel and I have a job to do." Levi said, turning away and heading to the door.

Iris looked down, hiding her teary eyes.

"Alright..."

Enraged, Maria followed after Levi, she closed the door just as he were to leave.

"Don't you fucking dare." Maria said in a harsh whisper.

"What?"

"Didn't you at least notice something different?" Maria asked. "Can't you at least give your daughter a few minutes of your time?!"

"I have to work, Maria." Levi said, looking away from her.

"You just finished a job!" Maria yelled.

Levi said nothing. He just stared in to Maria's furious eyes. What was he to say? He didn't want to intrude? That she should just think of her and Iris? That he didn't know this whole family thing works? That he still felt guilty on never reconciling with her after she told him that she was pregnant, that he didn't know his daughter and that he was afraid that he might do something wrong?

"I have to go." Levi said.

Maria didn't move.

"Maria..."

Finally having enough, she moved aside and lets him leave. Once the door was closed, Maria locked it, but she didn't let go of the door just yet. She was still furious and sad at the same time. She didn't know what to do.

"Maybe I missed a spot?" Iris spoke.

Maria turned to her daughter shocked. She saw Iris wiping her teary eyes, smudging the dirt at her face. Holding back tears, Maria went to her daughter and knelt before her, with the sleeve of her shirt, she wiped her daughter's face, clean.

"You did a great job, sweetheart." Maria said. "Papa just have so much to do... remember, he's not just working for himself and us, he has people to look after."

Iris nodded.

"Come on, why don't you help me with dinner?"

Outside, Levi leaned on the door, thinking about what his daughter and Maria said. He didn't understand why Maria would still try to defend him to Iris when all he does was act like a jerk to her. Cursing, Levi walked down the stairs and walked back to his house, the whole way, he was thinking about paying back the guilt he was feeling.