Spanish Titles and styles

The titles and styles of the Royal Family are as follows:

The occupant of the Throne is The King or The Queen, together with other titles pertaining to the Crown or belonging to members of the Royal Family. They are styled His or Her Majesty.

The King's wife bears the title of Queen with the style Her Majesty.

The husband of the Queen regnant bears the title of Prince and is styled His Royal Highness.

The King's heir apparent or heir presumptive bears the title of Prince or Princess of Asturias with the style His or Her Royal Highness.

A King's sons and daughters, not being the Prince or Princess of Asturias, as well as the children of the Prince or Princess, bear the title of Infante or Infanta of Spain, and are styled as His or Her Royal Highness. The children of an Infante or Infanta have the rank (but not the title) of Grandees, and the style of His or Her Excellency.

Spouses and widows/widowers of the monarch's sons and daughters, other than those of the Prince or Princess of Asturias, are entitled to the form of address and honours the monarch may grant them.

The sovereign may also grant the dignity of Infante or Infanta with the style of Highness.

If the heirs of King Juan Carlos I were to be extinguished, the 1978 Constitution reserves the right for the Cortes Generales to designate the successor to the throne as may be suitable for Spain.

Infante = Prince

Infanta = Princess

Style (s)

"His/Her Majesty"
"His/Her Royal Highness"
"His/Her Excellency"