I watched Bucky turn and walk towards Steve's room, leaving Loki stood looking outside. Okay, now might be my chance to actually talk to him and change his mind. "Hey Lokes!' I called out, walking towards him. "Anthony, where did you come from?" The look on his face seemed surprised and worried, maybe he was concerned about me overhearing him... "I'm just taking a break from working in the lab, I wanted to see you! I came up to grab another cup of coff-" I stopped myself before I could finish the word, but it was too late.

"Another cup of coffee?" Loki began. "What did I tell you about drinking too much of that stuff? I may not know all about your Midgardan beverages, but I do know that it's bad for you to have all that caffeine! You only came up to get another drink of it, didn't you?" The look on his face was not a happy one...damnit, I really should've just listened to him so this could've all been avoided...wait...is that Bucky's footsteps? If he sees me and Loki arguing he'll get closer to him for sure, he'll think I'm a bad boyfriend too...!

"Why don't you listen to me when I'm concerned about you? It's like you don't even care about what-" Before Loki could finish, I grabbed his cheeks and pressed my lips to his, seeing Bucky out the corner of my eye getting the full view of what was happening. The kiss didn't last for long though as Loki pulled away rather quickly. "Tony! What was that for?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "I just...wanted to kiss you! I've missed you down in the lab and well...I..." My words trailed off as I rubbed my neck, forgetting that Bucky was standing close by, watching us rather awkwardly.

"If you miss me then please listen to my words. You can't avoid everything by kissing me you know, I'm the one with the tricks here, not you." He gave me a small smirk, but it vanished in an instant as he turned to Bucky, placing down his cup and walking towards the elevator. "I'm taking Barnes to the park, to show him around and to get some fresh air for myself, I would ask if you want to come along but...I know you're working." Loki told me with a saddened expression. Bucky followed him to the elevator and pressed the button.

I gulped and panicked. "I-I was actually going to take you out for a meal! Or a drink? There's a tea shop that's just opened up that you'd like!" I said in a hurry, earning a raised eyebrow from Loki. "I'm sorry Anthony, as much as I'd love that, I won't back out of my word to Barnes." I nodded and sighed. "Yeah, yeah I get that...okay, uh...maybe another time?" I smiled, tilting my head slightly. Loki nodded and entered the elevator, giving me a small wave before the doors closed.

Why did I want to get rid of their plans to go to the park so badly? Why did I panic and make up a plan like that? Was I...jealous...of them...? Why would I be jealous?! Loki is my partner and he's just becoming friends with Bucky, that's all....

I've got no reason to be jealous of them.

No reason at all.

———————————————————————

[Loki's POV]

"So, Barnes, what is happening between you and Captain Rogers? You two seem very...close." Bucky didn't reply for a couple seconds, looking off with eyes darting in all sorts of directions as we walked through the quiet park. "Well...ah...me and him have been friends for years, not including when he was in the ice though, aha..." His words trailed off, letting out another nervous laugh before staying quiet. "Just friends?" I asked slowly, continuing when I didn't get an answer. "Barnes, you know where my heart follows, men, women, and everyone in between, so there is no need to be afraid if you want to tell me something."