Chapter 22

Surprise! Double update!

---------------------------------------------------

[(Y/N)'s POV]

I was woken up early by the Riddler. As you all should know by now, he is my father.

It was an hour before school started. That meant I had about 30-40 minutes to get ready.

I got off of bed and stretched myself out. Yes, it was early. Too early. But I basically forced myself to get up.

After what happened yesterday afternoon, I don't know how I'll confront Damian again.

I don't think I'll ever see him the same way again.

I looked at myself in the mirror. It's a habit.

As I thought about what Damian said yesterday, I started thinking outloud.

"He really meant it..." I murmur as I recalled what happened.

°• Flashback •°

"You remember?!" I gasped and almost fell off my chair.

I stared at Damian as I waited for an answer.

"Yes" he stated with the most calmest tone in the world.

"So did you do it on purpose?" I ask.

"I had a high fever! I couldn't contain myself!" He stated before burying his face into his palms in embarrasment, I presumed.

"Sorry, If I made you uncomfortable" He suddenly apologized after looking up from his position.

"There is nothing to say sorry about and I wasn-"

That was when I realized what I was saying. I shouldn't be making it this obvious that I've grown a soft spot for him.

"I-I mean, yea you better be sorry" I crossed my arms and glanced away from him.

Something I didn't want him to know was that I had a tiny crush on him.

Wait, do I?

A chuckle coming from him, interrupted my thoughts so I turned back and laughed with him.

There was a comfortable silence as I watched him scratch the back of his neck,

"You know..." he began,

"I meant it"

I looked at him with a soft look,

"You did?"

"Yea" He quietly stated.

I was shocked to see him suddenly shy, but it was kind of cute.

I've never seen this side of him. However, I felt bad for what I was about to say.

"I'm sorry, Damian"

"I like you too, but I'm not really sure"