She laughed. "Everything I do is like that, Lux."

"In all seriousness though, I almost lost you, Ahsoka." He planted a kiss on her forehead. "It's a shame for me to realize that my work has been consuming my life, and I haven't been spending time with you the way I did back before the Empire. We don't do any of the little, insignificant things that every other couple does, like dates and parties and that sort of thing, and that's not fair to either of us. You're going to need someone to take care of you now, anyway, with your injury. It may as well me me."

She smiled. He was certainly still as sweet as ever. "I'm not sure if I should be mad at you or kiss you right now."

"Definitely the latter." He tilted his head and looked down at her, their eyes meeting. There were so many poetic things they could've said in that moment, but Ahsoka could read his feelings like an open book; he didn't have to say anything, and she preferred to let her actions speak for her.

Ahsoka pressed her lips to his and kissed him sweetly. He deepened the kiss in a way that left her breathless every time.

"I don't know where I'd be without you, n'anya," Lux thought aloud, standing up and picking her up again.

"Well, you'd be dead a couple times at least, for sure, and probably drinking coffee with evil politicians right about now," she said jokingly as he carried her to the door. 

"Ah, yes. Thanks for the reminder."

She kissed him on the cheek. "Anytime."

Lux opened the door and stepped inside.

Ahsoka's jaw dropped. In addition to Padme and her kids, standing before here were Rex and Obi-Wan. In the middle of the room, Anakin sat on a bed almost identical to Ahsoka's. He looked older and certainly had a few new scars, but it was still the same Anakin Ahsoka had known. His eyes had returned to their normal blue, and she could feel his presence just like before Order 66.

It was him. The real him.

"Hey, Snips."

She couldn't control the huge smile that overtook her expression. "Master?"

Lux put her down on the bed next to him. She wrapped her arms around him and teared up. "I can't even begin to tell you how much I've missed you, Skyguy."

Ahsoka basked in his embrace for a few long seconds before letting go and wiping tears from her face. "I can't believe you're really here. All of you."

"We wouldn't miss it for the galaxy," Obi-Wan said, beaming. "It's been too long."

Ahsoka felt Anakin's presence surround her and wash away all of the stress she'd felt about the outcome of their attack. She hit his arm playfully. "Nothing like a good injury to pull people together, huh?" she joked.

He laughed. "Sorry about that." His face fell. "You're going to be okay, right?"

She shrugged. "'Okay' is a relative term. I'm sorry too, but seeing as something I did helped get that evil man out of your head, I'm not that sorry."

Rex cleared his throat. "You cut some of the wires that powered his pacemaker. His heart stopped, and blood flow to certain parts of his brain was severely reduced or stopped. I'll spare you the details, but the doctors were able to cut out dead parts of the amygdala and hippocampus to restore blood flow after they restarted his heart. Because of their nature, he lost all of his memories associated with extreme negative emotion."

Padme placed a hand on Anakin's shoulder. "You know, that's probably for the best."

Obi-Wan crossed his arms. "He doesn't remember where he's from or his... uh..." he paused, looking for the right word, "rather spontaneous career change and all the things that occurred at that time."

"Oh," Ahsoka breathed. She surveyed everyone in the room. Everyone was happy to be together, but she couldn't ignore the general sense of defeat hanging above them.

"So I take it this is what's left of the rebellion?" She gestured to the people around her.

Leia nodded. "Besides the stragglers that are regrouping right now, this is it."

Ahsoka's gaze fell. That would be a problem for another day. "I'm glad we're all together again. I'd rather it be under different circumstances, but it is great to see everyone alive and well." She paused, taking a deep breath. "We're going to figure this out. I'm not going to rest until the Empire falls."

Anakin placed a hand on her shoulder. "And we'll have your back, every step of the way."

A/N: The squad is finally together! Come on, that at least made up for Ahsoka's unfortunate and most inconvenient injury, right? ;)

Now, things are going to start getting real. Get excited! Great things are coming! For some of them, anyway...

See you in the next update!