Sweethearts Reunited

Night had fallen since Ahsoka had been brought in that morning. Lux stood on the the other side of the room on the balcony, staring at the city below. He felt different through the force than he had before she left. He was tired, both physically and emotionally. Going to bed at a reasonable time was not his forte; there had been many nights she'd come home late and he'd be drafting a speech or watching a show on the holonet. It hadn't been too long, but she could tell he'd matured while they were apart. The duties of protecting an entire planet were not to be taken lightly. He knew that going in to the job.

"Excuse me, your majesty. I don't mean to intrude but I have someone with me I think you'd like to see." The woman, who Ahsoka assumed to be Lux's aide, said. "I'll go prepare a suite while you two converse." She nodded and promptly left the room.

"Thank you." Lux turned his head. His eyes widened when he saw Ahsoka.

"I know, I know, Rex told you I was dead. It was a rough time for all of the Jedi survivors, and if I wanted to evade the Empire, I had to fake it. I'm sorry I had to keep you in the dark about it, and I understand if you've moved on to someone else by now." 

Lux remained silent and walked over to where she stood. He took her hand and kissed it softly. "You kept the promise ring."

"Of course I did."

He wrapped his arms around her and held her close to his chest. She'd been running from the Empire since Mandalore, and he knew that she needed him to lend her strength. Simply his presence in that moment meant more than any word he could've said.

"Ahsoka, can I tell you something?"

"Anything."

"I love you."

She smiled. "I love you too, n'anya."

He pulled out of the hug and stroked her cheek. "Not a day went by that I didn't think about you, wonder where you were or what you were doing... I missed you. I'm glad you're home." Lux leaned in and closed the distance between them, pressing his lips to hers.

It was like their first kiss all over again. His lips sent a jolt of electricity running through her body. She leaned into into the kiss, losing herself in his warm embrace.

"Me too."

"My proposal still stands, by the way." He knelt down on one knee and held both of her hands. "You said we'd figure it out when you got back. Now that we're a bit older, will you marry me?"

She smiled and shook her head, laughing to herself. "Lux, we're still too young. I'm honored that you'd even consider me, but I'm not sure now is the right time, especially with the Empire hunting Jedi and you being a king. What it word got out that you, and Imperial Senator and monarch, married a Jedi fugitive? While in office? I won't let you damage your reputation to be with me, Lux. You know that. I'm not really queen material, either."

He stood up and gave her a peck on the lips. "Alright, we can wait. You know I'm just going to keep asking until you say yes, right?"

There was a knock at the door, and Ahsoka practically jumped from his arms. He raised an eyebrow, as if he were asking why she still had the reflex to jump away from him when there were others around. It had come from their secrecy during the time before her departure from the Order, and it never really left her.

"Come in," he said.

The door squeaked open, and his aide came running in. "I have an ice pack and a compression wrap for you, miss." The woman handed it to Ahsoka. "I have prepared the guest suite for you. Shall I escort you there now, or would you like a few more moments with his highness?"