Wormhole - Chapter 1

Ray grumbled as he walked into his home, sighing as he was greeted with darkness and silence. He shook his head, his dark black hair shadowing his sky blue and sea green eyes. He takes off his shoes before setting down his school bag and heading deeper into the house. The teen grabbed a cookie from the kitchen, putting it in his mouth before heading up to his room. Alone.

This was Ray's last year in high school and he would soon go full time for his job. Ray worked as a waiter and barista at a cafe. He would occasionally bake for them when they needed it and he loved it. Ray hums softly as he took off his uniform, hanging it up as he changed into a crop top and sweatpants.

The ravenette relaxed and sighed once more as he flopped onto his bed and grabbed the remote, turning on his TV. He lay on his bed, getting comfortable as his favorite show turned on. The thing that made the teen happiest after a long day of school and work was a marathon of Voltron. He would stay up all night watching all 8 seasons. It was a weekend as well so he didn't worry about sleep at all.

About 5 seasons in at 3 am Ray paused the show, a rare thing as he tilted his head to listen for a very particular sound. "I-...Is that a lion?" He asked, sitting up as he wore a confused expression. The whole room seemed to vibrate slightly with a low purr that was way too loud and deep for a normal cat. He got up and walked around, moving slowly as he turned in a circle to study the room. "Finally." A deep and velvety voice spoke in Ray's mind, causing the teen to spin around and come face to face with a wormhole. The male yelped softly and jumped away, panting as he studied the wormhole. "Don't be afraid, little one.It's now your time once more. Come and find me. I have waited hundreds of thousands deca-phoebs for you to be reborn." The voice rumbled from the wormhole. "Come and fly with me, pilot of the white lion."

At these words Ray blinked and nodded slowly, rushing around his room as he collected some things. He threw on a crop hoodie over his crop top as he slings the bag over his shoulder. "I'm on my way." He said softly, glancing back at his room one last time before rushing and jumping into the wormhole, gasping as he landed on one knee on the other side. Ray slowly looked up and grinned at the massive white mechanical lion in front of him. "I'm here." He said as the lions barrier fell down and it's eyes lit, a deep purr echoing through the chamber they both stood in, beyond ready for the adventures ahead.