III. Bonus Chapter: His Journey

Start from the beginning

Upon coming home that same evening, his mind crafted another idea for talking to her. After Jimin had showed him that dating app, Jungkook thought it would be safer to start a conversation behind the shield of his phone screen. At least that way when she rejects him, and Jungkook was fairly certain she would, he wouldn't feel as mortified as he would if it was in real life.

That night, he signed up for a profile and immediately searched for her. It wasn't difficult to find her, she was the most beautiful girl in the whole app. Her name was Shan. Swiping through her photos, he saw just how many likes and comments she had. She received all of this attention from so many men, would she really bother to notice him?

With a fluttering heart, he started typing. He didn't want to sound cheesy or cliché with the usual 'you're hot' or 'you're so sexy' crap. After finally messaging her, he waited for her reply that night.

But it never came.

Of course it wouldn't.

She'd never like him. He shouldn't have even tried.

***

Jungkook hated night clubs. They were dark, noisy and unventilated. He could barely hear his own thoughts that night as he stared off into the dancing floor, watching the mass of wet and sweaty bodies twerk and grind against each other.

"You know what, I think I'm going to call it a night," he turned around to tell Jimin.

"What?" his friend yelled over the music.

"I'm going home!" Jungkook shouted, enunciating the words and growing more and more annoyed with each passing second.

"But the party just started!" Jimin whined, bouncing and fist-pumping in the air. "Come on, it's Jin's birthday," he gestured to the already wasted Jin that was performing his own interpretation of "Gagnam style".

Jungkook cocked a brow. "I doubt he'll even notice that I'm gone. See you," he waved goodbye to his friends and started making his way to the exit, bumping into someone every step of the way. He was just about to leave when a certain someone sitting alone at the bar caught his attention.

"Shit!" he heard her hissing when he came closer, her eyes frantically scanning the floor and obviously searching for something.

"Looking for this?" he asked after leaning over and grabbing the cell phone from the ground right before someone was about to step on it.

"Yes, thank you," she let out an exasperated sigh, emerald eyes glistening in the dim club. Jungkook realized he had never been this close to her, the bar counter at the coffee shop had always stood between them. She had put some more make up to enhance the natural beauty of her face. This time, she was wearing a tight black cocktail dress instead of her casual work outfit, but she looked just as beautiful.

"You should be more careful. This place is so cramped, someone might have easily snatched it," he cautioned but was surprised to see that she seemingly didn't pay attention to his words. Instead, she reached out to touch his hair, taking him aback with the sudden gesture.

"Your hair is so soft," her voice was tender like music, sending goosebumps all across his skin. She was so close, he could smell her perfume.

"Looks like someone's had too much to drink," Jungkook laughed awkwardly, trying to cover up how flustered he was. He was thankful that it was dark in the club, or else she would have witnessed how his cheeks turned nearly crimson. "Do you need someone to get you home?"

Much to his surprise, she accepted.

***

"Dude, you're so tense," wide-eyed, Jimin pursed his lips as Jungkook landed a series of forceful, repetitive punches to the punching bag hanging from the ceiling.