Finding Light: Chap 25

Elsa's POV

Punzie began flipping pages after pages. My heart began to pound as she neared the end. "Right here!" She shouted. Hiccup looked over her shoulder intently and he gasped before looking at Jack's pale frame. His eyes were wide as he looked towards me.

"What does it say?" Asked Eugene. Hiccup took the book from Punzie's shaking hands. "It's happened before... like 90 years ago." he started. "Its rare what happened to him, but it does happen." he cleared his throat and began reading. "A man named Remees was one of the most pure hearted wizards you could of met, but because of his powers, that he couldn't control, he killed 3, changing him forever."

Punzie's jaw dropped. "Remember first year. He killed... 3...." Hiccup nodded before he continued. "He was never the same Man until he met his other half. The one with the connection. He sacrificed himself for the one he loved. He turned towards the darkness making his eyes yellow." I took a step forward and I left a single tear escape the corner of my eye.

"You said he changed when he met me." I said. I pulled up my sleeve to show the black markings. "He's connected to me, by this spell since we were little kids." I pulled my sleeve back down and took in a shaky breath. "And he sacrificed himself for Rapunzel and I." Hiccup's eyebrows furrowed together.

"It says here that he has a choice. Destined for greatness or destined for darkness. That's all it says." I took the book from his hands carefully, to make sure I didn't touch him. I flipped the paper and realized it was thicker then the rest. "Get me a knife!" I yelled. One of the nurses handed me a knife and I cut open the page, making another two pages.

"It says here that Remees was himself when he turned but he was then tortured by Richard Black, he became a slave and did his biding. Do you guys know what a nightmare curse is?" I asked still ogling the pages. "I've read about it but it was banished like a century ago. It's like artificial life created by dark magic." It seemed like a light bulb went off in his head. "It was used to torture and take possession."

"Do you think he's possessed by one of them?" Asked Punzie kneeling beside Jack. "We need to find a way to get it out of him." I continued to read the pages to have my heart stopped.

Destined for greatness or destined for darkness.

When the time comes the moon will give yellow a choice.

To become a guardian of all or to become destroyer of all.

I slammed the book shut and looked towards Jack. He was shivering from the cold and his lips were almost completely blue. He was going to die soon if I didn't help him. But how could Jack love me? He wasn't Jack anymore. I handed Sandy the book. "Hide it somewhere safe." I whispered to him. He nodded and took Bunny with him before they left the room.

I looked around at all the students that were gathered in the room. A lot of them looked scared, even the people from the other schools. "I'll go to the library and see if they have anything on how we can get that thing, out of him." I heard Hiccup saying before him and Kristoff left. I felt nervous for anyone that was left, like a constant feeling like something was going to Happen to them.

Jack's eyes burst open making Punzie jump back. His skin started to turn blue, ice-like. "Elsa, please. What's happening to me?" He looked towards me with fear in his eyes. "Jack!" Punzie yelled. "Get back, it might be a trick." I said. "He's going to die, ELSA! Save Him!" She sobbed. "Elsa, what's happening to me?" Jack asked looking down at his hands. "Elsa!" Anna yelled. "Do Something!"

I ran towards Jack and crushed my lips to his. He didn't even hesitate to kiss me back. I put my hands on his chest as he pulled me closer. He pulled back roughly. "Elsa? Get back! Please!" He pushed me away. "Elsa! I told you to stay away!" He yelled standing up. He looked terrified. "Jack we can help you!" I said taking a step forward.