CHAPTER 2: freak the freak out

When April got home that night she was super buzzed and not just because she got a good story...well, that was the exact reason why she was in such a good mood. But she was also like the epitome of adrenaline, she had just been a witness to a foot attack and got out alive. "Y/N! Y/N!" I was practically falling asleep when she rushed into our living room so when I jerked awake she began to tell me her story. "You have no idea of what I just went through. I am freaking out. I saw a Foot Clan attack." When she mentioned this tiny yet major detail, I went into full on 'I will kick someone's ass if it means they have harmed my big sis/guardian April O'Neil'. So, I jumped up from the couch and started shooting worried questions towards her like 'are you okay?' or 'do you need me to kick someone's ass for you? 'cause I'll totally do it.' Even though I was only barely 17 years old, I'm sure I knew a lot more about self-defence than April did. My mom taught me everything I needed to know, from basic manoeuvres to practically every martial art known to man.

She said she was okay, even though she was 'freaking out'.

"I was riding my bike by the docks. It was night, it's dark already and there are foot clan soldiers everywhere. Then out of nowhere, there was this guy fighting back against them. And he...he left behind this symbol. And I know that I've seen it before. I can't remember where. But there is someone fighting back against the foot clan. There is a vigilante in this city. And no one knows, but I do. I know. And now I have my story. There is no more froth and foam for me." I understood everything she was saying but what was coming out of her mouth? A vigilante? "Do you have any idea how comic bookish that sounds? You know you might have seen Daredevil or some shit like that?" I chuckled, she deflated slightly before mumbling "Never mind." It was time to go to bed anyway, we both had work tomorrow.