Chapter 14: Menagerie

Start bij het begin

Kali's shocked face was priceless. "My god..." Yang wilted slightly. 'Does she not accept us being together?' She was answered when Kali suddenly hugged Yang the same way she did to Blake. "MY BABY GIRL GREW UP! Congratulations! And she's quite the catch too! Double congratulations!~"

Yang blinked, seeing Kali checking her out. Blake was blushing. "Mom! Your gonna draw attention!" Hearing that, Yang got a devious idea.

Yang struck a pose, smirking. "Why? I thought you loved showing me off!"

Kali has a nosebleed at the idea of Blake 'showing Yang off' and Blake was blushing up a storm. Raven sniggered.

Blake: YANG!!

They then heard a voice from inside. "Kali? Who is it?" They turned to see what had to be, Blake's father, Ghira Belladonna.

He noticed Blake and a look of relief and joy came to his face.

Later...

They were all gathered at the table in the living room.

Ghira: I'm so glad you finally found the time to visit us Blake.

Blake: Well, when your team leader leads us into all kinds of crazy adventures, things get kinda out of schedule!

Yang: Yeah, like in Mountain Glenn! That was awesome!

Kali: I didn't now the WF had missions in desolate places.

The laughter stopped. Kali and Ghira looked at the now silent duo in confusion. "Is everything alright?" Kali asked.

Yang: We don't work for the WF. We're students of BA (Beacon Academy).

Ghira and Kali gasped. "Wait, you two left the WF?" 

Blake flinched. Yang sighed. "Uh no. She did." She gestured at Blake. "Me and my sister never really found the WF interesting."

Kali: So, what did Adam think of this?

Blake suddenly gasped, and started hyperventilating. Everyone gathered around her.

Ghira: What's happening??

Yang: She's traumatised by the WF leader. Didn't you know? She ran away when the WF became hostile.

Kali bit her fingernail. "I... no. We were never informed." Blake's breathing slowed and she fell asleep.

Yang: Well, we should get her to bed, it'll where off in the morning.

The doorbell rang. "Darn it." Said Ghira. "I completely forgot about the meeting." He went to answer the door.

Yang picked up Blake and put her on the sofa.

Kali: I didn't realise that the WF changed that much...

Yang: I don't blame you.

She jumped onto the sofa and laid Blake's head on her lap. "This usually helps, when she gets a panic attack."

Meanwhile...

Raven watched Ghira, who was talking to two white fang members on his doorstep, from on top of a tree.

Corsac and Fennec were their names, but Raven didn't care.

Ghira: Usually, I would've said yes to your statement. But after recently hearing someone's view point, I am declining.

Raven noticed the fox brothers' expressions darken. 'Intervene? Or not intervene?'

Corsac: I see... that is a shame. High Leader Taurus was hoping for the opposite answer.