Chapter 5: Confessions

(A/N: so the initiation is done, the teams are finally official students of Beacon Academy! Meaning that the only class they'll enjoy is Glynda Goodwitch's Combat Practise. Sorry Professor Port, but your class is boring. Mostly because you only teach kids about yourself.)

Weiss yawned, waking up and saw Ruby, Blake and Yang sorting out their luggage. "Morning, Weiss!" Ruby greeted cheerfully.

Weiss giggled. "Good morning to you too, Ruby. What are you guys doing?" Yang grinned and winked at her. "Decorating Duh!" Weiss raised an eyebrow. "Decorating?" Blake nodded. "We still have to unpack!" She emptied out her suitcase. "And clean!"

Weiss sighed. "Sure." She smiled. "This room is kinda bland."

Ruby grinned, and stood up with her tail wagging behind her. "Alright! Weiss, Blake, Yang and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their latest mission! Making their new home! Banzai!"

"BANZAI!" The other three chorused. "WOOF!" Zwei barked.

They spent all morning decorating their new room. They had also settled, in the end for bunk beds, too clear space in their room.

Weiss yawned and stretched. "I call dibs on the first shower!" "'Kay!" "Very well." "I call dibs on the next one!"

Weiss POV

I sighed smiling. 'So this is what having friends feels like.' In the bathroom, I felt my scroll ring. I looked at the caller and I felt the world shatter. "No..."

Normal POV

Later that day, the team were in their last class. Peter Port's Grimm Studies.

"Monsters! Demons! Prowlers of the night! But I only refer to them... as prey! Ha ha!" The Professor bellowed.

The class was silent.

He cleared his throat awkwardly and continued. "Ahem. And so will you, upon graduating from this prestigious academy. As you know, our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces! And I shall teach you how to protect yourselves against them! But first a tale. About a once young and handsome man." He paused. "Me!"

The class groaned as he retailed the class about his past.

Ruby POV

As the 'teacher' of our class rambled on, I turned to my partner who had seemed on edge since this morning. "Weiss?" I placed a hand on her shoulder. Her head shot up, and stared at me with fright. I was surprised. "Are you ok, Weiss? What am I saying, of course your not ok! What's wrong? You've been like this since after we cleaned our room." She smiled sadly at me.

"Someone I didn't like called me while I was in the bathroom. It's nothing for you to worry about, Ruby."

Normal POV

The professor finished his 'lecture' and asked the students a question. "The point of my story is: a true hunter must be strong, smart, well-educated, and wise. Who here feels up to take the challenge?"

Weiss raised her hand. "I do sir!" Ruby, Blake and Yang were shocked. "Weiss?" Ruby asked. Weiss sighed. "I just need to let off some steam." "Ok..."

Port grinned. "Very well! Come forth and meet your opponent!." He severed the lock on the cage, and a Boarbatusk jumped out, roaring. Ruby had already guessed what it'll be. 'We fought some of these in the woods. She's bound to know what to do!'

Weiss thrusted at the creature with her rapier, stabbing it in the eye. It roared in pain and shook her off, before spinning into a ball and rushed at her.