Book 2 ~ Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

"Enough! Look, Lei and I have a job to do, and we can't constantly be worrying about keeping you from making another huge mistake!" Mako shouted.

"I have a job too! But it seems that you're always standing in the way of me getting it done!" Korra shouted.

"Well, I guess if we are putting our jobs first, maybe there's no room for our relationship!" Mako shouted.

I raised my eyebrows at his response. He wasn't serious was he? I looked at Korra, and she seemed shocked by his response too, and slightly broken from it as well. Everyone in the room was looking at them and waiting for Korra's response.

"So, are you saying that you're breaking up with me?" Korra asked, with a soft voice.

"I guess I am," Mako said slowly.

Without another word, Korra walked away from the whole scene. I sighed as she left the room. Mako turned around and put a his hand on my shoulder, signaling me to stay calm. Suddenly, Beifong's office door opened revealing a confused Beifong.

"What in the Flameo happened here?" Lin asked.

"I broke up with the Avatar," Mako replied, Lin exhaled sharply.

"You got off easy, you should've seen Air Temple Island when Tenzin broke up with me," Lin said, before retreating back to her office.

I sighed heavily, and looked around the room. I noticed everyone was staring at me.

"What are all of you looking at!" I said angrily.

Everyone in the room immediately went back to their work and minded their own business. I kneeled and started picking up the papers that were on the floor.

"Hey, you alright?" Mako asked, as I stood up with a stack of papers.

"I should be asking you that, you broke up with Korra," I sighed.

"Yeah, its obvious that both of us aren't so good after all of this," Mako said, as he pushed back his table to it's original position.

I put the papers that I gathered on his desk, as he was gathering the rest on the floor. Once he was done, he placed them next to the pile that I gathered.

"Why don't we go out and take a break? We both need it," Mako suggested, I sighed.

"Alright, why not," I smiled lightly.

After cleaning up Korra's mess, Mako took me out to the park. By the time, it was already sundown. We were just walking together in silence, which I spent thinking. I don't usually have time to go out and explore the city, since I spent most of my time protecting it. I haven't been here since we asked one of the protestors information about the rally. Mako suddenly sat down on the edge of the fountain, and I sat next to him.

"You feeling better?" Mako asked, I looked at him.

"A bit, walking was a bit tiring though," I replied, as I stretched my legs.

"Do you think we made the right decision?" I asked, after a few moments of silence.

I looked at Mako, who seemed unsure himself. However, we both new that we already chose our decision and the small consequences it came with.

"I'm pretty sure we did. Even if it meant breaking up with Korra, I would do it again because it's the right thing to do," Mako said hesitantly.

"I want the world to stop just for a moment," I said softly, as I touched the water from the fountain.

"Come here," Mako said, as he stood up and grabbed my hand.

He held onto my hand, as he lead me to the grass. He let go of my hand and sat on the grass. He looked up at me, and patted down the ground right next to him, telling me to sit next to him. I took a seat right next to him on the soft grass. He laid his back on the ground, and pulled me down with him. His arm was acting as a pillow for my head, as we laid on the grass.

"Look up," Mako said, and I did.

It was really dark, so it was easy to spot the many stars in the sky. I could hear the wind as it rustled through the leaves of the trees. Laying down on the soft grass made it even more peaceful. Although, I was emotionally uncomfortable laying down on Mako's arm.

"I can't make time stop, but I can make everything around you quiet, so that the only thing that you can hear is the sound of your own heart," Mako said softly, I smiled lightly.

"Thanks, Mako," I said softly, as I closed my eyes.

"Anything for you, Lei," Mako said, before I started drifting off.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.

A lighthearted chapter for you guys!! I started school already which sucks. I'm a senior btw. I really hope you're enjoying the book. ALSO, 5K READSSS, thanks for all the love on this book guys!! Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

ALSO, I'm a BTS fan, and like ITS THEIR DEBUT ANNIVERSARY WOOOHOOOO!! That's it HAHAH.

PUBLISHED: June 13, 2019