Five

Cinco

She slowly started to open her eyes, but she quickly closed them when the light was too bright for her. Softly sighing, she opened her eyes again.

Rosa lifted her head up when she realized she was in a bedroom. She had a confused look on her face as she sat up, but she winced when a killer headache started to make its way. She closed her eyes and put her left hand to her head, trying to massage the headache away. When it didn't work fast enough, she gave up and opened her eyes again.

She didn't know where she was. From the looks of it, the bedroom seemed like someone actually stays here. She could see the closet was opened and filled with clothes and shoes. There were two nightstands opposite of the bed and one of the drawers wasn't closed completely by only a small gap.

She looked down at her clothes, but she didn't see them because of the bedsheets. She thought she felt the silk material of her dress, but just to make sure she removed the sheets from her and sighed in relief when she saw her navy dress.

So nobody saw me naked after all, she thought to herself.

On one of the nightstands, she saw her three gold bracelets. She reached for them and put them on before she started to look for her purse. When she didn't see her purse, she lifted her legs over the bed and sat on the edge as she put on her heels. Even though wearing heels was probably the last thing she wanted to do, they were still hers and she was happy she still had them.

She sat up straight when she heard the door open. A man walked in and when he saw her, he turned around to close the door before he faced her. She was going to stand up, but he held his hand out for her to stay seated.

"I have your purse," he told her as he crossed his arms. "I'm going to need to keep your things."

"Why?" She managed to ask.

Instead of answering, he went and sat on the edge of the bed next to her, causing her to inch away from him and to actually face him, letting her right leg up on the bed while her left leg dangled.

"You have dual citizenship between the States and here." Before she could ask how he knew, he asked, "Why?"

"I have my reasons."

"Why are you here in Tijuana and not across the border?"

She looked down before she looked at him. "I didn't have my reasons to go to the U.S. anymore."

He smirked before he faced the wall. "Why were you at the Millenium Club last night?"

"What's in it for you to know?" Bold move, Miss Rosa Ramos. Bold move.

"Are you with the DEA?"

She shook her head. "No."

He reached for his front pocket and pulled out her phone. "Your phone was ringing last night, but only by one number. She left you a voicemail." He showed her the lit-up screen.

"That's my friend."

She reached for it but he pulled it away. "I'm keeping it, remember?"

She scoffed. She mumbled, "Pinche-"

"Fucking what?"

"Pinche estúpido," she said out loud for him to hear.

He just looked at her and laughed. "Fucking asshole? Yeah, I knew I was going to like you."

"I don't know who you are or where I am or what happened last night, but I want to leave. I want to leave, be with my sister and friend-"

"And you will, chula, you will." He smirked when he saw her negative reaction as she didn't like the name he gave her. "I'm going to need you to do something for me first."

She looked at him in the eye and shook her head. "What? No."

"You will or..." He shrugged. "Up to you though."

She furrowed her brows. "¿Qué queres? (What do you want?)"

"You mess around and there will be consequences. ¿Me entiendes? (You understand me?)" When she nodded her head, he continued, "You and I are going to get along, I just know we will."

"I doubt it," she told him.

He winked at her before he turned his body to face her and sat up straighter. However, when there was knocking on the door, he answered it.

The door opened to reveal an older woman. "Lino, ya están aquí, mijo. (Lino, they're already here, darling.)" She smiled at Rosa. "¿Dormiste bien, mija? (Did you sleep good, darling?)"

I did apparently sleep well, she thought to herself. She wasn't going to tell her that though, she doesn't need to know. He doesn't need to know. She just nodded her head a little, anything to get her to not talk to her.

Lino took notice. "Ahora me voy a ir a la habitación, Doña Rosita. Tráemela allí. (Now I'm going to go to the room, Doña Rosita. Bring her there.)"

She nodded before she closed the door and left the two alone again.

"Who's here?" She looked at him. "Where the hell am I?"

"Relax, relax. Calmate, calmate. (Calm down, calm down.)" He put his hand on her leg. "Don't worry, you're safe...as long as you do what you're told and don't fuck up." He looked down at her feet. "I'll bring you some shoes. Heels are a bitch, especially with you." He mumbled, "Found that out the hard way."

That caused her to give him a look. "What happened last night?"

He looked at her in the eye. "What do you remember?"

"Not you."

He made a sound as though he was just burned as he leaned back a bit. "Feisty, eh?" He smiled at her. "That's fine." He leaned forward so he was sitting up straight again. "I saw you on the ground. Your head was bleeding, so I assumed you hit your head against one of the tables and fell. You looked drunk, but I knew it was because of your head. I helped you up, but you weren't cooperating, so I picked you up and you passed out. I brought you here, made sure you were fine when I brought you to the room, had you all comfortable, and then I left. I didn't have anyone touch you, but I was nice enough to take off your bracelets and your shoes and set them by the bed and had your wound cleaned."

She breathed quietly through her nose as she looked down at her lap. She put her hand to where the cut would have been and found that it was pretty small. Head wounds always bleed the most compared to other body parts anyway. "And you were nice enough to take my purse and my stuff that was in it."

"Had to do what I had to do." He heard some noise coming from outside so he stood up. "I'm going to be in another room. I want you to stay here until I come back and pick you up and tell you what's going to happen. I'll have some shoes with me." He pointed to the bathroom door. "Ahí está el baño y hay cosas nuevas para ti. (There is the bathroom and there are new things for you.)" He looked back at her before he left the room.

She closed her eyes for a moment as she leaned back against the headboard. Opening an eye, she looked at the bathroom door. "Might as well get ready," she said before she got up and went to the bathroom.

Man, she sure as hell looked like complete shit.

edited

RosaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara