Ch. 15 Princesses Shall Never Cry

Start bij het begin

Although clothes were never a major problem to me, not having a good costume on my seventeenth birthday party was indeed a big deal. I am not the type of girl who can't live life without a daily on-point outfit, but this was for sure making me upset at the moment.

Finally giving in, I walked out and slammed the door closed, resting against the door in disappointment.
If only I had known the party would be happening...

Walking slowly forwards, I looked up towards my room, eyeing around quickly to move straight towards the door, but something laying on my bed caught my attention immediately, as I slowed my pace and turned towards it, my jaw dropping to the floor.

On my bed laid the most gorgeous dress I had ever seen. But it wasn't just any dress; an old-century, elegant fashion was heavily present on it, which is why I assumed it was a Juliet themed disguise. Its bottom half was puffy, but just as sophisticated as its upper half, never too over the top. Orange, yellow and beige tones were just some of the shades on the dress, and small golden studs adorned the both pieces.

Beside the dress was a pair of dim gold heels, and above them was a beautiful bouquet of red roses.

As I walked towards it slowly - mesmerized by the disguise's blinding beauty - I noticed a small note hanging from one of the flowers, and I proceeded to take it and read it.

'To the prettiest girl of the party.
Happy birthday. Enjoy.'

"Oh God mom," I muttered.

Feeling tears brim at my eyes, I grabbed the dress and placed it over me, admiring how it'd eventually look in the full-body mirror at the wall.

It was flawless. Too beautiful to be true.

Running into the bathroom happily, I locked the door behind me before changing into the costume. Shortly after putting it on, I slid my feet into the heels, gaining just a couple inches, and then instantly taking my makeup bag out of the first drawer, mentally debating with myself over finding the perfect makeup for the occasion, making sure it wouldn't overshadow the dress - although that was most likely impossible.

Applying a thin layer of eyeliner and mascara, I watched as my eyes reflected the joy I was currently feeling, smiling at the mirror as I slid some caramel-toned lipstick on my lips.

Very satisfied with the results, I looked at my reflection one last time before leaving the bathroom, running carefully towards the bed and dropping my clothes there.

But as I looked in that direction, I spotted something I guess I hadn't noticed thanks to my excitement.

It was a bag. A red bow was tied around it delicately, and another small note hung from the front side.
I grasped it in my hands and read it animatedly, slowly freezing in my place as the lines went on.

'To my little princess.
Today must be a very special day, that's why you're getting this now. Maybe not too special, maybe not even special at all, but it doesn't have to be, considering that inside this box you'll find what I know will mean a lot to you no matter who gives it to you, when, why or where. I'm sure you've grown to be an amazing girl, and that's why I know you deserve this and more. I love you, princess. I hope you enjoy.
-Dad'

Tears were now falling down my eyes, and not bothering to stop them, I looked inside the bag and found a small, white box, taking it between my fingers and opening it warily.

A silver, shiny star was in it, hanging from a plain silver chain. But the star said something, too, and narrowing my eyes to clear my vision, I read.