CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Ignorant Slut

Começar do início

"Well, I checked your room, but you weren't there, so I asked one of your fellow cadets to keep an eye out." He explained, shuffling to lean against the outer wall of the mess hall. Following his actions, I looked up at him with my most innocent gaze.
"My room? Don't tell me this was a visit brought upon by primal urges, Mr. Jinn..?!" Containing my snickering was more difficult than it had been back in Marco's room as Eld slapped his hand over my mouth, whipping his head back and forth to make sure nobody had been in ear shot.

"Shhhhh! Keep it down, would ya..?" He whined, letting me see the wash of red against his cheeks. "I...don't want you getting a reputation with all these horny men around...plus...that's not why I came..." I didn't quite understand what he meant, but I wriggled my way out from beneath his palm and pouted.
"Then what's up? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little glad to see you..."

"I'm sorry...I've been wanting to come and check up on you, but...you know how it is...duties and all that..." Eld sighed and let his head fall back against the wood. "The Captain requested that you come out on a short expedition with us tomorrow. He wants to see you out in the open, in a...realistic situation..." It was obvious that he wasn't excited about the situation, and even though I had the chance to ride free, I wasn't particularly thrilled about it myself.

"Wow...that's short notice..." I muttered, scrunching up my nose. "...I wanted to stay over with Marco tonight..What time are we leaving?" I felt Eld stiffen, even though we weren't touching, and he sniffed loudly.
"Who's Marco..?" Man, I felt his words more than his movement, but I had no idea why his tone changed so suddenly.
"Uh, my friend? That's where I was before Reiner told me you were looking for me." I explained.

"So...you two are close, then..?" It clicked when Eld spat those words out, and I felt my chest squeeze. He was painfully jealous.
"Well, of course. Marco reminds me of my big brother...His freckles, mostly, but also how kind and selfless he is..." I smiled to myself, because I truly adored the soft cadet, and also due to the fact that Eld actually cared enough to show his true feelings, albeit indirectly.

"O..oh...So...nothing to worry about, then..." The blond murmured, embarrassed by his assumptions. Glancing all around him, he moved towards me quickly, causing me to squeak out loudly as his lips sealed mine. It wasn't a very long kiss, thanks to being so exposed in the middle of the barracks, but it was still incredibly passionate. He stole my breath away in that instance, and I almost fell into his chest trying to follow him when he ripped himself away.

That wasn't enough...

"Tease..." I muttered under my breath, and Eld placed his familiar hand on my head, gently ruffling my already messy (H/C) hair.
"We gotta be careful, kiddo. As I said before...I don't want you to get a reputation..." His voice was mildly concerned, as was his expression, and I puffed my lips out in response.
"I don't even know what that means..." I whined, continuing on when he pulled that hand away.

"Just...It's like...not everyone is a good person, and...You know what? Don't worry about it...Let me walk you back to your room." He motioned his head for me to follow, and I hurried to match his long stride.
"Righto then...Oh, and I'm going back to Marco's room, not mine. It's boring in mine...and I've spent enough time alone..." I waited for him to tell me off for sneaking about and disobeying the rules, but it never came.

"Well, if he's like a brother...then I guess I can overlook it this once..." Eld sighed,  a fond smile making him even more handsome, which I didn't think was even possible.

I am very much in like with this man..!

"Besides, graduation is coming up soon. If your Marco friend chooses the interior police or the garrison, then you won't be able to spend much time together. It wouldn't be fair to make you behave." He continued, putting a slight damper on my mood.
"Don't go and say something like that, you ass! I don't wanna think about it..."