I'm Not A People Person

Start from the beginning

-

Blaine decided to come to dinner. I sat opposite side of him. " Can you tell me what all these meetings you are having are about?" I ask him as I wipe my mouth with a napkin. " I already told you, there is nothing to worry about. I have it under control." He puts down his fork and completely stops eating. " But I heard someone today. They were talking on the phone. Saying that humans found out about werewolves and that they're hunting us down. Is that true, Blaine?" I ask.

He freezes and looks away for a few seconds.

You called him by his first name. My wolf purred. Then she continued. That's why he's acting like that. I put my head down in embarrassment, my cheeks were probably as red as a tomato.

He opens his eyes and looks at me. " No it's not true." He finished eating his dinner and left me alone at the table. I sat there staring at the wall in front of me for what seemed like hours. But in reality was 30 seconds. I hurriedly piled the plates and cups and hurried out of the dining room to the kitchen. I did the dishes and hurried up to my room. I threw on my yoga pants, black sneakers and my rain coat.

I ran down the hallway and dashed down the stairs. I looked around to see if pigface was anywhere near. I heard his voice in his office and grabbed the warm plate out of the oven. I put it in a bag so it wouldn't get wet and threw the hat of my rain coat over my head. I stepped out into the rain.

I almost couldn't see as I made my way over to the dungeons. I had hoped that pigface would leave the door unlocked. Sure enough, when I turned the handle, it opened. I stepped inside and shook the water off. I didn't hesitate this time. I was eager to go talk to Jesse. I walked down the hallway and repeated the same steps as this morning.

He wasn't asleep this time. " Hi." I said. His head snapped up at my voice, but then he calmed down when he saw it was me. His lip was cut and he had a bruise on his left cheekbone. " Who did this to you?" I asked. " Your boyfriend." He spat. " Did he do anything else?"

He lifted up his shirt to show claw marks and big purple bruises. It looked like it even hurt to talk. I slid the plate of food under the bars and watched as he hungrily attacked it like this morning. " Hey Jesse, I'll be right back. You just keep eating." I said. He nodded while taking a sip of water from the water bottle I brought him. I got off of the floor and dusted myself off before running back home. I stepped inside and took off my sneakers. I then ran past Pigface's office. I heard him speaking. " Hold up-" he said.

And next thing I knew, he was stepping out of his office. He looked at me and waved his hand, motioning for me to come in. I sighed and walked in. He hung up on who he was talking with and turned to me. " Where were you?" He asked. " I was at Emma's." I said confidently, I wasn't technically lying...I knew he was gonna comment on the Emma thing, but it was better than him finding out I was feeding his prisoner.

He grunted and took a seat at his desk once again. " How many times do I have to tell you not to hang out with Emma!"

" Look whatever mom. I'm tired and I want to go to sleep."

He waved his hand off as he dialed another number. I stepped out of his office and ran down to the downstairs bathroom. I looked in the cabinet under the sink for the first aid kit. I grabbed it and ran off again. I slipped my sneakers on at the front door and ran back to the dungeons. By the time I got there, Jesse was already done with his food. I put the plate into the bag and left it near the doorway, so I didn't forget it when I left.

" Come closer to me." I urged. He shuffled closer to me. He lifted up his shirt for me. I squeezed my hands through the bars and tried to do my best with cleaning up his cuts and wrapping them. Once I was finished, I got up, grabbed the bag and left. " Thank you... Delfy." Jesse whispered. I smiled at him. " No problem Jesse."