Almost There

As pigface pulled me through the forest, I inspected him carefully. His hair was a tangled nest resting on his head, his black eyes drooped like he hadn't had any sleep in a while. His face looked paler-drained of blood. His tongue slowly ran over his soft, pink lips and his eyes flickered down to me. " You look very creepy when you stare at me." He ruined the moment with a smirk.

We stopped in front of a building I've never seen before. We weren't even in our territory. " Shouldn't you be back at the territory fighting off those humans?" I asked as we stopped in front of the door.

" They're 16 human men, I think my pack can handle themselves."

I suddenly boiled in anger, " if you guys could 'handle yourselves', then why'd you want me to hide!"

He licked his lips once again, " Have you ever been in a war? Just 5 enemies can expand to 300! Plus, they were after you. It may seem like I'm overreacting whenever there is a threat in the territory but it's for your safety and the packs safety."

He now pulled me through the doors of the building, not wanting to hear another word from me. The air smelled of wolves, powerful ones at that. People walked by and greeted Blaine, then smiled politely at me. We walked up to a girl about Pigface's age at a desk. " Hi, alpha Blaine. How may I help you?" She twirled her hair around her fingers and jutted her chest out. Keep trying, but your oranges aren't going to grow to watermelons any time soon... I mentally snickered with my wolf at her comment.

She probably used to be one of Blaine's old fuck buddy. " Hi, Kristen, is Fredrick available at this time? My mate and I would like to discuss something with him."

Hearing pigface say mate, her eyes widened and snapped towards me. Her flirtatious smile dropped and was replaced with a fake one. " Yes, it's actually his only free hour today. But I'm pretty sure he can squeeze some time just for you, alpha Blaine." She pressed a few buttons and talked into the phone, " Alpha Blaine and his mate are here to see you."

She then nodded and hung up. " You know the way..."

Blaine nodded and started dragging me down halls again, though as he dragged me, I looked behind my shoulder and saw the girl glaring after us.

I was pushed into an elevator. Blaine stepped in after me and pushed the third floor button. We stood in silence as the elevator jerked up and then down again. " Where are we going?" I asked as cheesy elevator music played. " We're going to Fredrick."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion." Who's Fredrick?"

Blaine rolled his eyes and started impatiently at the flashing light about the door. The elevator dinged and the doors slid open. A man smiled at us and stepped inside as we stepped out. Blaine gripped my arm again and guided me through the full hallways. We stopped in front of a door that read " Fredrick Martin."

Martin. That sounds familiar...

I expected Blaine to knock like a civilized person would, but he barged right in like an ape with rabies with me trailing right behind him. A man in about his late 40's sat behind a desk. His hair was white at some places and a bald spot was slowly forming. He sipped from a Coke can while his fingers typed away at a computer.

His eyes shot up and widened in surprise when he saw us. " Wow, Kristen wasn't kidding. You guys are actually here....have a seat."

Blaine pushed me forward, telling me to have a seat. I sat down on one of the chairs but he didn't sit down next to, he instead stood behind my chair. " What bullshit do you have to complain about now. This is my lunch break and if you end up wasting my time I won't be happy, Blaine."