❤️

Blaine's POV--

I walked towards the house. No. I was not drinking if that was what you were thinking. I was just simply thinking about what just happened down at the abandoned road.

I finally emerged out of the trees and and made my way to the front door. I noticed a limp figure wrapped in a blanket, slumped on the front steps. I stepped forward slowly. Once I was close enough, I crouched down and moved the blanket out of the way of the person's face.

My mate.

My wolf howled at being so close to her.

She was waiting for you the whole day. Douchebag. He insulted me. I ignored him and picked her up bridal style-she was extremely light. I carefully opened the door, cautious not to let her fall. I then closed the door with my foot once inside. I walked up the stairs and laid her down on her bed.

I took the blanket that was wrapped around her and threw it over her whole body, except her face. I stayed a couple minutes. Just looking at her sleeping so peacefully. She's beautiful.

Then I realized I was being a creep and left.

•••

The next morning, I awoke to my alarm clock at 8. We were only running for 1 hour today. The pack has finally gotten their fitness back in less than a week. We might be running a little more but nothing so extreme. I brushed my teeth and threw on some clothes. I then ran a hand through my hair and walked down the stairs.

Once everyone was gathered outside, we started. There was an awkward silence between Delfy and I. We saw each other this morning but didn't say anything to each other. Emma was right behind us, trying to make conversation with Delfy.

It seemed that every question Emma asked, Delfy would look at me for approval before answering Emma with a 'yes' or a 'no.' I avoided her gaze every time. We had 10 more minutes to go, then we were done.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and Emma catched up with me. " You can't make her ignore me." She smirked, looking at Delfy up ahead, laughing at something Casper said. I tensed and made sure to keep my eyes hard.

" I told you not to mess with me. Or anyone I'm close to, I swear if you do anything to hurt her, I will-"

She cut me off.

" Will do what? Kick me out of the pack? Remember who my daddy is Blaine, I don't think he would appreciate it if he found out that you did such a thing."

I was shaking with anger by now. " I don't know what you want to accomplish by being 'friends'

with Delfy. But I do know that if you hurt her in any way, I won't hesitate to do what's best. And I'm saying this in the nicest way possible." I said in between breaths. Yeah, I was fuming, not to mention my eyes were probably getting darker.

Her eyes widened and she he scurried off. I calmed down, happy that I didn't have to deal with her anymore. I dismissed everyone once we were done running.

I took my shortcut back home, with Delfy silently following close behind.

I'll get what I want. And what I want is you.

I heard her voice in my head. I growled so loud a bird flew from it's tree. I stifly turned around and faced my mate. I didn't notice that she was right behind me, so she bumped into my chest and fell backwards. Before she hit the ground, my arms instinctively wrapped around her waist and pulled her towards me. She stared into my eyes.

I snapped out of it and let go of her. I cleared my throat and said it straight forward. " Like I said, I don't want you hanging out with Emma. She has done some things that can't be forgiven and she is bad news, I don't want you getting hurt."