TWENTY FIVE

"So you're telling me that we were screamed into unconsciousness by some weirdo in a mask", Yoongi started.

"And that apparently only Jimin stayed awake and chased after the guy", Hoseok added.

"And then another weirdo in a mask came to pick up his little brother who was the screaming dude that knocked us unconscious with his vocal cords", Namjoon butted in.

"And then you let them go", Lily finished, an unamused look on her face.

Jungkook & Jimin sighed at what they could tell were many judging stares targeted at them. Taehyung's mouth had fallen open, and the werewolf had closed it, not wanting him to catch any flies. "Yes, we've let them go. But only because- well, I don't really know why we let them go but you'll just have to live with it alright".

"Why did only you stay awake though?", Jin hummed in thought, "Is it because you were the only one in that room that wasn't fully human?"

"Maybe", Jimin shrugged, "But I don't think we'll be seeing them again. Besides- there are plenty of weirdos in this world to start with. I'm not going to overuse my powers killing every single one of them".

"I do wonder what his plan was though", Hoseok said, sitting down on a rock. They had parked along an abandoned road where nothing but fields and forests reached the horizon. "Why did he come up into our room? Why did he want us unconscious? What would he have done if Jimin hadn't stayed awake?"

"Those are all questions that will be left unanswered so it's best not to dwell on them too much", Yoongi replied, not wanting to think much longer about the situation. He was glad Jimin had been there, and he was glad to still be alive. "Let's just leave now that we have eaten and talked about this, and make way for Pohang".

"Is it very far from here?", Bobby asked, petting the dog that was slowly crushing his legs by his weight.

"It shouldn't be too far", Namjoon replied, a kind smile on his face as he talked to the little boy, "I think we'll be there in half a day's ride".

"Then let's get going. The sooner we reach it, the better".

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"We reached Pohang!", Hoseok yelled out excitedly while he threw his hands into the air- which effectively slapped Yoongi in the face. "Can you not?", the smaller male snapped, pushing the hand out of his face.

"It seems we reached our destination", Jungkook spoke up, having caught the conversation going on in the front of the truck, "Are you excited to see the city?"

He glanced at Taehyung, awaiting his response, but pouted when he realized the other wasn't listening. The merman was staring at the scales on his tail, some shimmered bright in the water, others were still scorched from getting into the hands of the scientists. "Taehyung?"

The said boy's head finally snapped up, doe eyes standing wide in surprise, "Yeah?"

Jungkook frowned at the other's strange behavior and grabbed one of the merman's hands that were softly wading through the water. "What's wrong?", he asked, seeing Taehyung's gaze flicker to their intertwined hands.

"I am excited about the city", Taehyung replied honestly, "But I'm also sad that I won't be able to go".

The werewolf's eyebrows furrowed together at that, "What do you mean?" He was very confused about the other's words and it hurt him to see his mate in a state like this.

"Jungkook", the merman started, slipping his hand out of the other's grip, "The people in that city all ran to safety, this means being away from mutants & everything that has to do with it. How do you think the people will react when they see a man that has mutated into a fish? What do you think the guards at the entrance will do when they see me? I can't go in with you. I can't be seen there".

Jungkook's shoulders dropped in realization, realization that what Taehyung had said was true. Realization that Taehyung had been feeling like this for the whole drive now, without him noticing a damn thing. God, he felt so stupid.

"You know", the werewolf started, "The city people could probably also do without a werewolf in their midst. I think I'll stay here too".

"Jungkook-"

"And while the others are away", the younger smiled, cheeks a bit rosy as his voice dropped to a whisper, "We could get cozy".

The merman's face lit up in a shy smile, sad feelings suddenly switching to the opposite. "Sounds good to me", he giggled.

They felt the truck come to a halt, the pool's water slightly swaying at the sudden stop. Jungkook could hear someone stepping out of the vehicle before coming around to probably come talk to them.

"We're here", Jimin said once he had opened the doors, now leaning against one of them, "Are you coming?" His face fell into a frown when he noticed the other two didn't seem to be planning on getting up. "What's wrong?"

"We aren't coming", Jungkook said, clearing his throat when he noticed the kitsune's frown deepen even more, "Taehyung won't be welcomed in the city, and there's no way I'm letting him alone. So go on without us".

"Ah", Jimin's expression changed into one of understanding, flickering to Taehyung's tail, "I see. Alright, we'll safely drop off the children and try to buy some supplies before we'll return. I'll tell the others".

Taehyung and Jungkook gratefully nodded and watched how Jimin left again, hearing his voice saying something to the others. Even before all the words had left his mouth, sounds of running footsteps neared the back of the truck.

"Wolfie!", Bobby yelled, trying to crawl into the truck. His sister pulled him up so he could climb in and he quickly scrambled to the two supernatural creatures. He stumbled into Jungkook, throwing his little arms around the wolf's broad chest, "I'm gonna miss you wolfie!"

Lilly watched her brother from the truck doors, arms crossed and seemingly in debate with herself.

Bobby then unlatched himself from the wolf before throwing himself at Taehyung, "Princess Tae! I'll miss you too!"

The merman chuckled, ruffling the boy's hair, making it slightly damp. "Be a good boy, alright? And listen to your sister". His gaze went to the girl who still hadn't moved a muscle. "Lilly, take good care of him alright?", he added, seeing the girl's gaze finally go over to them.

"I will", she said, dropping her crossed arms, "Also- I hate to admit it, but you guys seriously saved our lives. I thought we'd be fine on our own, but seeing what's out there, I know we made the right choice coming with you guys. Thank you for giving us that choice".

"You're welcome", Taehyung smiled, "It was good of you not to trust us too fast. In this world you never know who to trust".

"But you'll be safe now inside of those walls", Jungkook added.

"Will we see you again?", Lilly asked, her voice a bit wavery. Taehyung and Jungkook glanced at each other, Bobby still clinging to the merman. "We will", Taehyung smiled, though he himself was unsure about the statement.

"Let's go Bobby", the girl sighed, seeing how her brother was still clinging to the supernatural creatures, "The others want to head inside the city".

The small boy whined but released the merman, his eyes slightly watery since he really didn't want to leave them. "Take care", Jungkook smiled softly, ruffling the boy's hair. Bobby sniffed and quickly rubbed his red eyes with his arm, "I will".

He then quickly ran over to his sister, not wanting to make this goodbye any harder.

"Goodbye guys", Lilly smiled, taking her brother's hand in her.

"This is not a goodbye", Taehyung replied with a smile, "This is a 'see you later'".

Lilly chuckled, "Sure". And then left with Bobby & the others.