32. Time of Death

Yay! This book is entered for Wattys 2019! I have never entered this before, and I'm really excited, but also don't know what to expect (and I'm not entirely sure how it works)

--

I sigh when I walk up the stairs towards the loft. I'm tired, and all I want to do right now is sleep. I still feel a little weak after we all got sick.

Apparently when I was asleep, Malia found a copy of the list in Stiles' jacket. It said her official name, Malia Hale, which pissed her off.

I mean, I kinda understand, my father isn't exactly winning any 'best father of the year' awards any time soon.

And, of course, the fact that she has been adopted. 

I open the slide door and see Derek standing there, a few bags in front of them.

I raise my eyebrow, "Someone leaving?" I want to say something else, but instead I let out a loud yawn before dropping my jacket on the couch.

"Yes. You." Derek answers.

Suddenly I'm wide awake.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I ask him and cross my arms.

"It's not safe for you here, Silver." Derek says, avoiding my eyes. Instead he looks at the bags that now lay between out feet.

"So you're kicking me out?" I ask, pain obvious in my voice. He winces and I know he can sense that my scent changed to the sour smell of sadness.

"Yes." He answers, "Please, Silver. You have to go."

"Or, what? You're gonna throw a glass at me like you did with Isaac when he didn't want to leave?" I snap at him. But all I want to do is cry.

"Silver, you know I regret that. It was the only way to make him leave, to keep him safe. And the only way you'll be safe is to leave. Now." Derek leans against the table behind him.

"And live on the streets?"

"No, I asked the Sheriff, you can stay at their house." Derek tells me.

"Why would I be safer there? They're human."

"The Sheriff told be about his security. It's the safest place in Beacon Hills right now." Derek answers, "Silver, please, I don't like this either. I would rather keep you safe here, but I'm losing my powers. I can no longer keep you safe."

"I can protect myself. And if someone does break in, Stiles won't be able to keep me safe either. You and I both know the Sheriff has late night shift almost every day because of all of this shit happening right now."

"Silver." Derek finally looks at me. He walks towards me and places his hands on my shoulders, "You have to go."

--

I ring the doorbell to the Stilinski house. The bags laying next to my feet while I try to protect it from the rain. 

The Sheriff opens the door and grabs two of the bags, Derek must have called him already. "Welcome back, Silver." He smiles at me.